Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Rbman

Custom sounds

I was just wondering if i could put custom sounds into my wad, that would play when a monster or another player is killed, i dunno if thats possible but ive been trying to use xwe but im dumb and need help, this would be for jdoom i guess

You mean, to replace, let's say, the Player's death sound with a new one? It should be possible; the lump you put in the wad should be named after the original. Once you've exported the sound into the wad, select it, choose Wave from the menu above, and save the sound in the Doom format (there is an option for this.) Doom takes 8-bit sounds of any frequency; but some enhanced engines might be able to read wave files in other formats (16-bit or more) and also might be able to read true wave files (instead of the Doom format.) I'm not sure about JDoom; check its docs, or saty on the safe side and give the sounds Doom's formatting.

is it possible to add new sounds to new events, like every 3 kills say something, or if player sees the enemy say something, probably not but i just thought id ask, i really like the F.E.A.R sound files trying to put some of them into doom

Stuff like that is only possible with scripting, and you need special source ports for that, which will cut off a sizeable portion of your wad's audience.

what programs would i use to make these scripts, whacked?, i just want a sound played when a player sees another player or enemy, and every like 5 kills play a sound,

You can't do this sort of thing with WhackEd. You'd need to learn a scripting language like ACS (which would make your wad file only run in ZDoom or GZDoom).