Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Svartravn

Want to help? [newproject]

Okay, I need somebody to draw me some sprites....
Interested? Okay, If anybody can make me a sprite for the plasma gun for a start..

Plasma gun, a pair of hands, pantagrams in the hands, glowing when the gun is fired, Pentagrams pointing downwards. Blue fire around the hands when fired, and if you(who will do this)..

Fuck, I'll put a link to a sketch wwhen I'm done with it... :p

Let me be the first

Damn I can't figure how to insert the "new project tag"

Vegeta said:
Damn I can't figure how to insert the "new project tag"

You just use [ newproject ], (but without the spaces), like so:

Svartravn, before you start asking for help on your new mega-cool-and-whatnot project, make sure you have something to show first (screenshots, map downloads, etc). Keep in mind we've already seen thousands of upcoming projects that actually never got done.

That red pic looks insanely good, would be excelent for the posibly upcoming Hexen mod if turned grey (for the inter hubs victory messages), would you mind if I use it? With all the credit for you of course.

About the weapons, I think it should be better if you edit the fist hands (from the original game), it doesn't really fit with the serious quality and theme of the red pic, that and wads that have ms paint weapons tend to be taken as joke or non serious wads.

Edit, also the hands are in bad position, unless the player is some kind of mutant.

Doesn't this thread seem wrong to anyone else?
Given the quality of the "hands" I'm not really inclined to believe that he made the intermission pic, which btw does not have the dimensions of an interpic...

Look, the hands are just to show how I want it to look, not how they are looking in my Wad. I draw them so you guys could take a look, and improve them for me. Don't tell me you thoght I was going to use them..

And about that interpic, I don't know if you can use it, cause I didn't make it, but I'll ask the guy who made it.

But again, can anybody do an attempt to improve my version of the plasmagun-thing????

I acctually found it on google, searching for "Anti-christ", but I can't find he who made it, so, I suppose, if I can use it? Why the fuck shouldn't you?
:p

I don't think it's copyrighted, since I found it on different pages, whith different subjects... So. Who cares.

And, another BTW, I am making some of the GFX, I have done 1/3 of the letters and numbers, and have "converted" 76 of somewhere between 2'500-3'500 files from the plutonia.wad... It aint much, but also, I haven't finished my maps, only a couple is ready, nearly, so, if anybody would like a test, PM me. :p

I think this could be cool.........

Svartravn said:

I don't think it's copyrighted

A common fallacy. Someone made this, so it is someone's copyright (unless they have actively assigned that copyright away). The fact that you don't know who that someone is, doesn't mean that you have any right to use it.

Svartravn said:
have "converted" 76 of somewhere between 2'500-3'500 files from the plutonia.wad...

Sorry for my stupidity but could you explain that?

I think you are right about the copyright thing... To bad, cool pic though...

Anyway, I,ll have somebody to make me some other cool Interpic, anybody feeling interested?? :p

The files I've been "converting", or redrawing is another way to put it, is the files in the wad-file, if you uses the XWE, and opens the DOOM/DOOM2/plutonia/tnt.wad, or others for that sake, there will be many files, textures, mapinfo, sprites, sounds, music++++
And since I'm on my own on this Black Metal Doom-project, and I only get to work at school in the breaks, the progress is slow... :(

Anyway, anybody interested helping or testing??? please PM me..

(maybe I'll teach you some Norwegian, HAHAHA, me = funny.. )

You mean reaplacing? Are you planning to replace ALL the sounds, musics and sprites, flats, textures, and maps? That'd be a real total convertion, but also a real pain in balls, and I'm not sure that the result should be worth the effort. Just replace what's really needed to be replaced and nothing else, don't charge yourself with unnecesary work.

Vegeta said:

That'd be a real total convertion, but also a real pain in balls, and I'm not sure that the result should be worth the effort. Just replace what's really needed to be replaced and nothing else, don't charge yourself with unnecesary work.

I think you are right, but if I manage to make any good stuff, I'll replace them, later.

I think that some maps, new sprites, and music will be the first replace in the beginning, and, with time, I'll do the flats, textures and sounds.

But once again, can anybody help me with the sprites, I'll put in a thanks list in the end of the game or something...