Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Fox

My first map, have a go...

Version 1.1

Finally finished it... well this version anyway. It took over three weeks, but mainly because I had to stop halfway through, due to excessive amounts of school work. I'd really, really like some feedback, good or bad. I want to know where I went right and where I went wrong.

Notes:
MAP01 (Suprise, suprise...)
Based on the tutorial by John W. Anderson.
Is designed to be played on Ultra Violence or Nightmare (even easy can be tricky...)
Is not a MAP01 replacement! Although short, completing it 100% on nightmare is fiendlishly difficult.
Can you find the secret? Can you find the easter egg?...

Enjoy!

Download: http://rapidshare.de/files/16427749/Fox_s_Magamap.rar.html

Well... i found a few things i sure as heck didn't like.

You couldn't go back through the elevator right before the Baron. And i had a bit of trouble activating the elevators in the same room. More decoration, in form of architecture, kinda like windows and such.

And those things i mentioned on MSN. ^__^

Ok, I edited my previous post to mention that this is version 1.1 I want to get the layout, evevators, doors, lighting and monsters sorted before I start making windows and redecorating. I will probabilly get lots more done this evening.

Anybody else got any feedback?

Well, i had to jump quite a bit to not fall down in the blood while fighting the Baron. And the texturing is a bit... brown, with the exception of the last room. Also, i could kill the cyberdemons without releasing them.

I found this map rather good for an first map, I didn't tried to kill those four cybers at the end.
Im sure its doable for most people I just grabbed the stuff an ran for it.
Ive found the secret it was pretty easy to find actually, the easter egg not sure what that might be.

On reflection I think 4 is a bit much (as did Spadger) I'm changing it to just 2 (or 1 for easy).

I wouldn't expect anyone to bother with killing the cybers, NM or otherwise, especially since the linedef that releases them can be skipped. Closing the door on the player and letting some less powerful monters loose to start an arena type fight would've been better. The left lost soul is trapped by the health potions. Overall it's a nice quickie.