Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
entryway

dehacked [music change]

What should I write in dehacked lump for replacement D_RUNNIN to D_COUNTD? It should work both in Boom and in Zdoom

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Text 6 6
runnincountd
it works for Boom but does not work for zdoom

That's not a bug. That was done to make other means to change music more robust.
The music names are not part of the string table in ZDoom and therefore cannot be changed.

I noted some of the Dehacked Text entries that are/aren't supported by various ports in this package (hasn't been updated since support was added in Chocolate-Doom for a lot of it). There was also discussion here.

I suppose if you want it to work in as many ports as possible, then you can have both a dehacked lump and a mapinfo lump in the same wad. I'm not sure what would happen if you then used it in a port that supports both methods though (if there are any).

Grazza said:

I suppose if you want it to work in as many ports as possible, then you can have both a dehacked lump and a mapinfo lump in the same wad. I'm not sure what would happen if you then used it in a port that supports both methods though (if there are any).

If properly done MAPINFO should take priority. After all, Dehacked just replaces the default which in turn is overridden by the custom name from MAPINFO or whatever definition lump.

I should create just two lumps and it will work in most ports. Isn't it?
DEHACKED

Patch File for DeHackEd v3.0

# Note: Use the pound sign ('#') to start comment lines.

Doom version = 19
Patch format = 6

Text 6 6
runnincountd
MAPINFO
map map01 defaultmap
music "D_COUNTD"

ZDoom's MAPINFOs have to contain the entire map definition including sky texture and other things. It's best you take the default lump (D2INFO) from zdoom.wad and use its map definitions as a base.