Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fiend-o-hell

Modifing Archvile decorate

First off, im replacing the iwad's archvile directily with my own decorate version using the same doomed# and spawnid.

I have a problem modifing the archvile's behavior because no matter how i change the missile states, it alweas does its same basic flame attack. No matter what AI action code pointer i use, i get the same results. What the hell?!?!

Post your decorate code first, then one of the more experienced ZDoom geezers will be able to tell you what's wrong. Can't do much till then really.

I don't think its neccessary, but if you want to look at it, be my guest.

actor DEVILKIN 64
{
spawnid 111
obituary "%o was incinerated by an Devilkin."
health 500
radius 20
height 56
mass 500
speed 15
painchance 0
seesound "vile/sight"
painsound "vile/pain"
deathsound "vile/death"
activesound "vile/active"
MONSTER
+FLOORCLIP
+QUICKTORETALIATE
states
{
Spawn:
VILE AB 10 A_Look
loop
See:
VILE AABBCCDDEEFF 2 A_VileChase
loop
Missile:
TNT1 A 0 A_Jump(255,7)
VILE G 0 bright A_VileStart
VILE G 10 bright A_FaceTarget
VILE H 8 bright A_VileTarget // See ArchvileFire
VILE IJKLMN 8 bright A_FaceTarget
VILE O 8 bright A_VileAttack
VILE P 20 bright
goto See
VILE IJKLMN 4 bright A_FaceTarget
VILE N 0 bright A_CustomMissile("DEVILKINAnnihilator",50,5,300)
VILE N 0 bright A_CustomMissile("DEVILKINAnnihilator",50,5,0)
VILE N 5 bright A_CustomMissile("DEVILKINAnnihilator",50,5,60)
VILE P 25 bright
goto See
Heal:
VILE "[\]" 10 bright
goto See
Pain:
VILE Q 5
VILE Q 5 A_Pain
goto See
Death:
VILE Q 7
VILE R 7 A_Scream
VILE S 7 A_NoBlocking
VILE TUVW 7
VILE XY 5
VILE Z -1
stop
}
}

As you can see, not much has been modified from the original decorate code, im just trying to add attack moves. Dont pay heed to A_Jump(255,7) and other odd quirks,for its just test code.

So does anybody have this problem when trying to replace the archvile in decorate? Try using my code really quick to see what im talking about, but instead replace "DEVILKINAnnihilator" with A_BruisAttack or something.

Ah never mind. I can't believe i didnt catch such a simple mistake. I even unawarely pointed out where the problem was too! LOL. It was supposed to jump 9 frames, not 7. I guess i was to caught up in other stuff to see it.

Well.....just to put this thread to use, im pleased to announce my new wad, DOOM:BARRENLAND, will be released in about 2 weeks. Its will incorparate many gzdoom features that will not only be aesthecaly pleasing, but fun. Ill post more information up around the forums a tad bit later, so check it out. Thanks.

Someone should modify the Pain Elemental so that it leaves a corpse and can actually be ressurected.

For what? All you need to do is come up with the death sprites and put a -1 int. From the looks of it, isnt the raise state already defined?

It is. And if you need some sprites where it leaves a body, you can find them in 'Cold as Hell'.

Never knew there were death sprites available. And yes, I know the PE does have resurrection frames. Thanks for the info.