Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mithral_Demon

Need some Ideas for my Doom II lvls

Mithral_Demon said:

I do it because I want to? I've gotten used to it so I now do that?

Mithral Demon =P

If you're looking for tips on traps and surprises, I'd suggest you take a look at either Scuba Steve's Action Doom, or Agent Spork's Simplicity. There are some good traps in there that really freaked me out the first time I played them. (Reanimated imp heads... heh heh.)

Hmm, a few (bizarre) ideas:

-Possibly an "astro-projection" sort of thing, where the player sees everything in one room from a fixed perspective outside of his body, and has to get through the level using the standard controls, but not in 1st person (if you have ever played 007 Racing, it's like that one level in the factory-lookin' place). May need a lot of dynamic code.

-Maybe a hidden "Mod-rifle" and "Rifle Key" in each level? By using the Mod-Rifle without the Rifle Key, you fire the same projectiles as those used by the last enemy you killed (I've always wanted to use those Arch-Vile flames). By using it with the Rifle Key, you get to keep that projectile until you hurt an enemy with the Rifle Key (which could work like a weaker chainsaw-- wouldn't want it to be too effective). Still, I'm pretty sure that this would require a large amount of dynamic code, which may turn out to be a pain in unpleasant areas.

-Try out some Cyberdreams-esque stuff.

I had the idea of doing something like that, basically a RE version of Doom, only with better camera angles :P. I personally thought it would be a pretty interesting idea to add more consiquinces (Is that how you spell it?) to the guns. I had the idea of making a wad where there was this easily accessible elephant gun in a locker, but picking it up would cause you to move 1/4 of your average movement speed until you put it back in the locker. However, I suck with ACS and can't do anything more complex then the thingcount system.

Craigs said:I had the idea of doing something like that, basically a RE version of Doom, only with better camera angles :P. I personally thought it would be a pretty interesting idea to add more consiquinces (Is that how you spell it?) to the guns. I had the idea of making a wad where there was this easily accessible elephant gun in a locker, but picking it up would cause you to move 1/4 of your average movement speed until you put it back in the locker. However, I suck with ACS and can't do anything more complex then the thingcount system.

Look at wads that use heavy ACS Scripting or concept wads such as the ZDOOM wad.

Mock 2: The Speed of Stupid
DO-TIMS
Super Sonic Doom (sort of advanced but still)
Cold as Hell
Romero Death Skittles (it's a bowling wad by Russell Pearson)

Everyone sucks at ACS at first. By examining ACS, you will get better.