Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
rebdoomin

help with multiple sets of weapons

Hi guys i was just working on my 32 level mega wad recently
(im on 27,) and i need help using multiple sets of weapons. i want to use one set of weapons in levels one through 12 and another set in 13-24 and 24-32 so on. Do u guys know how this could be accomplished? Thank you for any help

im using doom2 its self. not boom, or zdoom, just doom2 but i can add either port if i have to. i have the capabilities of that but i am trying to keep it able to play on doom2 alone

Um if your saying like another set of 7 weapons, than it can't be done in doom2, but if your saying a differant set of THE 7 weapons in doom2 than you can make the exit sector effect on map 12 that damages you to the point of dying, and ends the level.

thats a cool idea but in the skulltag wad, ive seen it where u could press 7 twice and it would give u the bfg10k or a rail gun by pressing 6 twice. It can be done. Ive seen it. I can add zdoom or boom elements if i have to. i have the capabilities. I just wana know how. I dont want to require the marine to die in order to get a new set. Not a set of the same weapons, but a set of differant dehacked sprites weapons.

Hi guys i was just working on my 32 level mega wad recently

Erm... Good luck!

AFAIK

If you want to add entirely new weapons, you either need (G)Zdoom or Edge. I never tried editing for edge so I really don't know how you would go about making extra weapons for it, but for Zdoom and Gzdoom you can simply use DECORATE.
There is a nice wad in the Archives called the Weapons Resource Wad that contains a crap load of DECORATE weapons that may prove to be excellent examples. You could also ask Wild Weasel or Xaser if they could show you how to do that reload thing they had in Diaz and Zen Dynamics if you wanted to make something a little more tactical or realistic

WildWeasel said:

The ww-diaz style reloading is explained in this tutorial over at the Doom Armory.

BALLIN!

By the way, is there like a Whacked type program for Decorate?