Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Steeveeo

Beginnings of a new project....

dude...that was in reply to U3D's comment about "...if this is how far you can go before asking for help..."

And as to talking to a wall...thats EXACTLY how Im feeling right now...¬_¬

I got "mappers block" once or twice on my map. I sometimes, just add details and that's about it. Then maybe an hour or two later I'll get a good idea and add that in.

heh, sounds about right, but the only problem is, the details and such are exactly where the mappers block is! I've gotten the basic layout complete I guess, but nothing much else...

then why don't you work on another map of the project for a while? i think it's sometimes easier if you let your mind drift for some time.
i had the experience that if I let my mind go loose,it always returns to the "base problem" and somehow finds a solution for it.

I have been working on a demo map for GZDooms features, but even there...the creativity just doesnt flow right...

EDIT: I have just started working on a feature for late in the megawad, should I post pics?

Leave the editing department of doom alone for an while play some maps or even other games, watch movies start drawing look at pictures of buildings I know what mappers block is ive had it for many occacions where I was really motivated to continue mapping but couldn't think of anything to put in and was really forcing myself to make something ive ditched alot of work when I did this.

Or leave that map alone and start on something else without thinking now I'm going to make an new map, just slam sectors together without thinking ive been doing this lately and it seems to help to get my stream of ideas flowing again ive got an new map half finished allready and I wasn't even thinking how I was going to make the layout it started with an simple square :p

Or leave that map alone and start on something else...

I kinda just said I did. And I've been working on the late game feature and listening to the level tracks I picked to see what else came out of my head. So at least SOMETHINGS going somehwere...

Hmmmm.....i read the line where your on about decoration for maps. I dunno if you can do this in gzdoom (stupid thing to say) but try doing like a row of joined up computers. or a few pillars to look like power lines or something. hope it helps

(I just reread what went on here, MAN I can be a little think headed at times XP)

I've been lookin at a bunch of other wads, and I think I see what you mean...

I've gotten a bunch of decorations done but only one or two things for the gameplay itself. Mostly been working on effects in a different wad to use in this one later on like rocket trails, explosions, etc. (Have you seen my Fireworks.wad? Thats a good basis on what can be done in GZDoom). My map is still not complete, but the effects for it are nearing completion (and as soon as I figure out how to map for DM, I can release the GZDoom effects demonstration wad).

I've decided that I wont be doing all 32 maps in one wad. Maybe more like 9-12 in episodic content (may need a good mapper to help however, as my skill rests in effects coding :P)

Oh.....i need a coder and im your man for mapping! I wont say im the best, but im good with decorations and good ol' run and gun action.....just useless with XWE, decorate and most complex things. So i can map....but im needing a coder as well so....

anyway no mean to advertise things, but take a look at these and tell me your opinion on what kind of mapper you think i am :P

oh those. Yeah they're good, I may enlist your help later on for mapping once I get my demo wad released.