Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Doom_master1122

dehacked question

ok i had to reboot my computer a while ago and i had dehacked up and running before it. Now i redownloaded it and i cant get it back up and running

i have to doom 2 wad there and the doom2.exe (from here doomworld)
and i directed it to doom 2 exe and my wad. but it says its not there.

WTF is up?
ive used this before. (before i had to format my computer)

I used enjays guide and i didnt get success...
Some one know the problem?

Does that DEHACKED file opened by Notepad have the INI extension? The command prompt is saying that it didn't find the INI file.

Also, that shot only shows a chunk of your INI file, but it seems that you forgot to uncomment the file locations. If you leave the "#" DeHackEd will ignore the line (such as the path to tour DOOM II IWAD). See how the DOOM IWAD location doesn't have the "#" mark?

ok i removed the # mark from in front of everything that is needed and im still getting the error message.....
ughhh..... im going crazy with this. lol

Doom_master1122 said:
ok i removed the # mark from in front of everything that is needed and im still getting the error message.....

Well, it's clear its not reading the INI file, as it shouldn't be saying that it can't find it.

is there something i can do? lol
cause the main reason right now i need it is to change the death cry of the player and actors, not to mention the pain sounds and awankend sounds

You can:

• Make sure the DEHACKED.INI file is in DeHackEd's directory
  • Check if that file has the INI extension (look at its properties or enable "show extensions for known files")
  • If all that is okay, and it still doesn't work, you can always use WhackEd2 (or anyway)

i trye whacked b4 and it creates patches for dehacked. **
unless there is somwething i could download and put into whacked to tell it to apply thing to my wad.
I have XWE and was able to name a lump DEHACKED. and changed text strings.
if i knew how to do every thing with sounds in xwe i wouldnt need dehacked or whacked....

Btw thanx for being patient.

Doom_master1122 said:
unless there is somwething i could download and put into whacked to tell it to apply thing to my wad.

Go to the Entry menu in XWE, choose Load, and browse for your DeHackEd patch (the one WhackEd made). Then rename that new lump (right clicking it) to DEHACKED.