Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doomsday192

Newb question: How do i get custom textures into a wad?

im new at doom editing but i was wondering how to get my custom textures into a wad file...

im using zdoom and slade, but i know that theres other programs to embed textures but i cant find any tutorials...

Doomsday192 said:

ok sorry, i just did a google search for "doom wad texture tutorial" but got nothing.....

The fourth link from your query is Dr. Sleep's Apothecary... it says "TUTORIALS: GUIDE TO EVERYTHING DOOM." So you definitely got something.

damn didnt see that...

EDIT: i dont exactly see the tutorial in that link...
as in, i looked there but i see nothing in the forms of a step by step tutorial on how to import a texture into your wad

Doomsday192 said:

im new at doom editing but i was wondering how to get my custom textures into a wad file...

im using zdoom and slade, but i know that theres other programs to embed textures but i cant find any tutorials...

Just the short version:

I assume, that your textures are in PNG format.
To import your custom textures into your map, you must use either XWE, SlumpED or Deepsea.

For XWE:
Open your map, create two new markers with Entry -> New :

TX_START and TX_END somewhere after the BEHAVIOR lump

Hilite TX_START then choose Entry -> Load (raw data)

And the nice thing about this is that the textures between TX_START and TX_END can be used for textures or flats.

sigh...

i added a custom texture, but when i try to open the texture browser in slade it crashes...

EDIT: yay i got it to work(forgot to change the type of the lump to a texture... doh!)