Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
gemini09

Aligned, scrolling textures for GZdoom

Hey, hey.

I have a sector with 8 sides that I've used the "scroll using sidedef offset" action on. It's scrolling vertically and horizontally but each side is misaligned with the other. Is there a way around this?

You need ACS to handle this. There you can start scrollers with more control, including limiting them to upper/lower/mid texture.

If you are using doom builder, highlight all the walls and press A, this will bring up the automatic alignment menu, select align X axis and click ok. There will still be a seam where the textures wrap round and don't quite meet, but this shouldn't be very noticeable

Captain Toenail said:

If you are using doom builder, highlight all the walls and press A, this will bring up the automatic alignment menu, select align X axis and click ok. There will still be a seam where the textures wrap round and don't quite meet, but this shouldn't be very noticeable

He's not asking how to align textures, he's asking how to scroll aligned textures that doesn't screw up his alignment like "scroll using sidedef offsets" does. :P

If this is a GZDoom-only wad, then I recommend that you learn ACS like Graf suggests. But, I think that what you want to do is possible with line action 218, if you want to screw around with dummy linedefs all day.

It would be better if you could use dummy lines and tags with line action 255, but Boom doesn't allow that, even though they do allow that similar use with their transparent line action. I'm suddenly disappointed in Boom. Now it's only almost perfect.

Creaphis said:

If this is a GZDoom-only wad, then I recommend that you learn ACS like Graf suggests. But, I think that what you want to do is possible with line action 218, if you want to screw around with dummy linedefs all day.

It would be better if you could use dummy lines and tags with line action 255, but Boom doesn't allow that, even though they do allow that similar use with their transparent line action. I'm suddenly disappointed in Boom. Now it's only almost perfect.

Yeah, that would have been an incredibly useful feature to include...:\