Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sonic_13

Doom Builder 2 pacifists

So I downloaded doom builder 2.

I'm a noob so bare with me ):

I set up the Doom 2 PWAD or whatever, and set Zdoom as the testing engine. No matter how I try to run my levels, the monsters are all ways totally passive. They won't aggro until you shoot, and then they don't attack.

I've checked what I believe to be every setting in the whole program, but I'm sure there's something I overlooked. Can some body help? Dooms no fun if the bad guys don't fight back (:

P.S. Same results when I test the map on Skulltag, so I bet it's not Zdoom!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Skulltag, in my opinion, is basically ZDoom and GZDoom, blended together with a few more bells and whistles (I think). So, if I where testing the theory of an overlooked setting in ZDoom, I wouldn't, personally, test it Skulltag but instead I would try ports like Boom, Legacy, and even just simply testing it in just Doom 2, or Ultimate Doom, or Final Doom.

I don't think I can be of further help until I try it for myself and attempt to replicate your dilemma. I haven't yet gotten to a point in any DB2 map that I have added monsters.

Now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing a console command that adjust whether or not the monsters attack the player. I believe it's "Hatetarget" but I'm not sure.

EDIT: Found it. Try this. just open the console and type in "notarget" to toggle it on and off.

* notarget

Toggles notarget mode on/off. While active, monsters will not target you unless you hurt them first. In "modern FPS", monsters "can't find you" when in notarget mode. This is not the case with ZDoom.

If you use Zennode as a nodebuilder AND your map consists of only one sector, this may happen.

16 minutes ago, scifista42 said:

If you use Zennode as a nodebuilder AND your map consists of only one sector, this may happen.

I'll check if this applies to ZokumBSP, and if so, try to fix it. Nice info!