Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Udderdude

Random ideas

udderdude said:

Gun which creates a flare that sticks wherever it hit and continues to do splash damage to anything in the area.

Also check out the code for the Strife Phosphorous Grenades. They seem to leave a damaging fire Thing wherever they land, and last for half a minute or so. They spawn more very short-range damaging fire Things which travel away from the source and last maybe 1/4 of a second. It doesn't appear to be splash damage in the rocket launcher sense, but fuck they're powerful.

Especially if you can hoard many powerful enemies into a group, which is pretty much a given when circlestrafing Barons.

arrrgh said:

What would be really good is a fast, clever former human that can roll out of the way of projectiles and dodge, instead of the current 3 zombies who just shamble around and act retarded.

The Lost Souls had a very small chance that they would randomly attempt to dodge rockets in versions of Doom 1.666 or lower. Though it was removed for 1.7 (i.e Doom2) onward.

How about a sort of remake of the HL:2 fast zombie? Doom has incredibly durable monsters but move slow, so how about an incredibly fast monster but dies in 1-2 hits? I can see this already scaring the hell outta me in any monster closet.

Ixnatifual said:

Similar to the possessing monster, a small parasitic monster than infects other monsters, then after a very short gestation period the host monster explodes in a swarm of parasites who will then each seek out new monsters as hosts.

Back in the day i created a war comic called The Gun, and also "played" the gun with my friends. One of the evil badguy's creations were spiders that could infect dead people by facehugger-like melting into the back of thier skulls and turning them into zombies. Such a creature would not be too difficult to create in the doom engine, even with dehacked! (make the arch viles spiders, remove the flame attack, make them vanish after a resurrection) (though the resultant "zombie" would in that case be able to use guns again as it would just be a resurrection of whatever you killed) (then again in the comic the zombies were not shambling creatures but beserkers who also had glowing eyes, rapid healing abilities, "couldn't" be killed by bullets, could speak, could remember who had killed them, and magically grew huge claws from thier hands)