Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reaper978

Enhanced smoke, debris, and explosions?

Does anyone know of any wads that focus on adding debris, smoke from bullet holes, smoke from guns, sparks, enhanced explosions, etc.? I'm just starting out with decorate so I have no idea how to go about creating these effects, or isolating them in other wads and incorporating them into my own (if the author allows it, of course).

My favorite game when it comes to this is F.E.A.R. If you've played that, you'll know what I'm talking about, tons of smoke and debris flying all over the place. Thanks for any help on this.

I'm not sure about smoke, as the smoke that trails from a Rocket is hard coded stuff. However, I think you can modify the smoke after the Rocket has collided with an object (an example of this being done is Action Doom, not sure how its done though). With Decorate, I'm sure its quite possible.

It seems all the links are dead for that mod, but it looks cool.

BTW, what the hell is "TNT1" anyway? A search on the ZDoom wiki brings up code where it is used, but it is never explained.

TNT1 is a blank invisible sprite, you use this so you don't have to bother importing your own blank sprites. It is very, very handy for coding special effects like this.