Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomygecko

Weapon selection problems?

Ok, so when I put in my super shotgun replacement it works fine when you first pick it up, but when I go to another weapon and try to hit 3 twice to get to it again it won't show up. What fixes would work for this?

You're trying to use the SSG in a doom1 pwad right? Probably will only work with zdoom based ports.

doomygecko said:

Ok, so when I put in my super shotgun replacement it works fine when you first pick it up, but when I go to another weapon and try to hit 3 twice to get to it again it won't show up. What fixes would work for this?

How is that replacement made? The reasons for which this would not work, and the methods to make it work, are quite port-specific.

For example, if you're using DECORATE for ZDoom 2.3.1 or SVN, you need to give your supershotgun replacement the Weapon.SlotNumber 3 property for it to work. With earlier versions of ZDoom, you need to mess with the KEYCONF slot. See ZDoom wiki.

hawkwind said:

You're trying to use the SSG in a doom1 pwad right? Probably will only work with zdoom based ports.

Eternity too, and probably Vavoom as well.

It's not a port prroblem (I'm running Boom) I already tried the weapon slotnumer property, and have both the shotgun and ssg set up for slot 3 in KEYCONF. I noticed this is happening with the pisol too. (fist, chainsaw, shotgun work fine)