Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kyka

Noob Dehacked Questions.

OK. I am very new to anything to do with dehacked. So bear with me. I have a weapons mod that modifies the pistol, the super shotgun and the chaingun. I want to remove the mods from the pistol and the ssg, leaving the chaingun mod intact.

I opened up the dehacked file in XWE and it has a long list of frames and durations, which I assume is to do with animating the sprites. So I guess that dehacked works by exception if that is all that is in the file.

First question. What file do i open to access whatever it is that the Dehacked patch modifies and how do I open it? Is it Doom2.exe?

Second question In the dehacked file, how do I know what frame/duration goes with what weapon, so as I can delete the ones that don't belong to the chaingun? Or if I wanted to compare them to the original chaingun etc etc.

Third question. And once I have that done, I want to be able to take the weapon from a standalone chaingun replacement to being a selectable weapon 4 as well as the chaingun. (like the shotty/super shotty) Any advice in this regard?

Probably none of this is difficult to do if you know anything about this, but for me? Well, 'nuff said. Any help appreciated. Any help that doesn't assume I already know anything about this stuff appreciated even more. :0

Thanks people

Kyka said:

Third question. And once I have that done, I want to be able to take the weapon from a standalone chaingun replacement to being a selectable weapon 4 as well as the chaingun. (like the shotty/super shotty) Any advice in this regard?

DeHackEd does not allow you to change the number key a weapon uses, so that's not possible.

For the other questions, I suggest you read the fine manual which come with DeHackEd or WhackEd.

Thanks for the pointers guys.

I have been doing a lot of reading just recently. :)