Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Matthias

Floor textures

All at once, I can't see any floor textures on screen, i see only black/white questionmark placeholder.

http://www.jpeg.cz/images/728_sshot_1.jpg

I didnt notice that first, but later it seems wierd I have so little textures in my floor textures list.

I check this out in XWE and there IS those floor textures, but neihter doom builder 1 nor doom builder 2 it doesnt work.

http://www.jpeg.cz/images/172_sshot_2.jpg

I cant figured out what I doint wrong... please help me someone :)

And sorry for my bad english.

Heh, XWE.

Anyway, a possible explanation would be that you started your map in a ZDoom configuration (that allows placing wall textures instead of flat textures on floors and ceilings) and then switched to a standard Doom configuration (which does not allow that). Then all your textures become missing since there aren't flats of these names.

Gez said:

Heh, XWE.

Anyway, a possible explanation would be that you started your map in a ZDoom configuration (that allows placing wall textures instead of flat textures on floors and ceilings) and then switched to a standard Doom configuration (which does not allow that). Then all your textures become missing since there aren't flats of these names.

Actually I use Boom comfiguration all the time :)

Er... so i Repair my XWE problem, now i can focus my previous floor textures problem... or no i havent FF_START and FF_END entry in this wad..

er... how can i make this..? :)

just select 'Entry -> New' from the XWE menu, and name the new entries FF_START and FF_END. Then put the floor textures beetween them.

Worst said:

just select 'Entry -> New' from the XWE menu, and name the new entries FF_START and FF_END. Then put the floor textures beetween them.

Oh I see now

Thank you very mutch

and these two entries, the belong between textures enteries only or i have to get that between maps entries as well?

No, not between map entries.

While this article is written for ZDoom, the basic concept of the namespaces as defined in .wad files applies to Doom itself and all its ports.