Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
darkreaver

Ceiling lights in hell-maps

I just place some of those square metal or wooden grating lights in, yeah, doesn't make sense to have electric lights in Hell, but it's better than a boring ceiling IMO

Captain Toenail said:

I just place some of those square metal or wooden grating lights in, yeah, doesn't make sense to have electric lights in Hell, but it's better than a boring ceiling IMO

There are electric fluorescent lamps in gothic metal Quake too.

Captain Toenail said:

(...)doesn't make sense to have electric lights in Hell(...)

Why not? There has to be at least one electrical engineer in hell, surely Satan offered them to lower their punishments in exchange to get some electrical power grids going on in there.

Captain Toenail said:

This line of thinking isn't going anywhere.

maggot202 said:

Why not? There has to be at least one electrical engineer in hell, surely Satan offered them to lower their punishments in exchange to get some electrical power grids going on in there.

I usually leave off the "hired electrician" part and prefer to go on with "UAC bases and technologies teleported, merged and assimilated into hell".

As I agree to most of the reasons there can be lamps and other tech stuff in Hell, it still clash as hell (lol) with medieval-looking buildings and stuff (in a logical sense, not aesthetic). Like, you build a primitive stone castle and equip it with computers and stuff.

I really shouldnt care though. Lots of weird combos looks cool, and that is what matters, right?

Use3D, as long as you don't go overboard and copypaste pointless decorations everywhere, a map has to look interesting as well as play well to keep the majority of player's interest IMO.

I prefer torches, the sky or FIREBLU#/FIREMAG#/FIRELAVA/FIREWALL for lighting in hell maps.

Captain Red said:

I made the following for a project I probably won't finish. maybe you can give them a home:

Would you object to it being put on the "Prop Stop"?

if you honestly think tho, why would hell not have something as tech lights? when most of the monsters have tech parts, (mechanical legs, rocketlaunchers etc)

Guys, I know I know, tech stuff can be in hell. Let me rephrase myself:

I dont want any tech stuff in my map, what are some good ways of having ceiling lights? :P

Anyway, I hav sorted this out now. I`m currently making a hell map (no tech at all), and when its finished I`ll experiment with tech-stuff in hell`ish looking maps. I like it alot! Just didnt want to use it this time.