Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PaintedBlack

Dehacking the super shotgun

I'm sorry if this is a N00b question! I'm making a TC converstion for doom and i've replaced the super shot gun and I want it to take half the time to reload! I know this basically makes it a super weapon but the super shotgun won't so up until later levels in my wad. i'd also like to make it use one shell instead of 2 if at all possible... Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance! even links to a tutorial if there is one on this.. Thanks again!

UPDATE! I figured it out, teh awesomeness~!!

now i have a new question, can i add deh files to a wad? I tried using slumped but to no avail...

Just add the .deh file as a DEHACKED lump with something like Xwe. That will work with boom ports and Zdoom.

Good luck with your mod. And post a link to it when you are done.

Do you also go to the ATM machine?

(This message was brought to you by the department of redundancy department brought you this message.)

You can definitely make the supershotgun reload faster with dehacked, but I don't think you can override the 2 shells per shot.

I have tried xwe, slade and slumped. I've tried doom ultimate 1.9 and boom types for the lump (.deh and .bex) to no avail. I can run the .deh file with the -deh command, but for some reason my lumps aren't detected and come up as unknown... do i need to make an entry in the wad like DEFANIMS or ANIMATED (boom)[I tried both of those]? any suggestions or links to tutorials that might help me? I added the file in xwe and seleted type 20 (dehacked) and still not working :'( Thanks a lot guys! Any help is greatly appreciated!!:D

neubejiita said:

Good luck with your mod. And post a link to it when you are done.

I will absolutely!! Thanks for the interest! This is going to take a while to make but I have some radical ideas that will make some serious changes as well as a cool story (it's a prequel to a zombie rpg i've been working on in rpg maker)! ** Thanks for the word of encouragement! :D

UPDATE!! FIGURED OUT HOW TO ADD DEHACKED FILE TO MY WAD!! YAY
one step closer to making something REALLY COOL!! **