Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hardcore_gamer

How can I merge my WAD files into a single one?

I just finished making a long map that uses 2 separate texture WAD files and now I want to merge all 3 files (the WAD that has the map, and the 2 texture WADS) into a single WAD file.

I already have SLUMPED on my PC, but I don't know how to combine the 2 texture WADS into a single one and then put the map into that.

Help anyone?

Try WADMerge, which is a neat little doohickey by exl.

I have used it a number of times myself. The only thing is, if you have modified any Standard Doom/Doom2 textures, it will overwrite your modified ones with the originals, which I discovered the hard way, good thing I had backups. I think it will overwrite any lump that has the same name as a Doom/Doom2 lump, though I have only ever used it for textures. Someone who knows more than me can answer that.

It would crash sometimes too, though I think this was because I was trying to merge lumps that were too big for it to handle. I am guessing tho, this may not actually be the reason at all.

I always just use "deutex -join this.wad other.wad" which puts the contents of other.wad into this.wad. From dtexman6.txt

-join  <myfirst.wad>  <mysecond.wad>

+           Will join two pwads:  mysecond.wad is put inside myfirst.wad.
+           Great for combining pwads!
+           If entries are duplicated, mysecond.wad has priority
+           If custom textures are defined in both wads, they are
+           preserved, but those of mysecond.wad have priority.

Kyka said:

Try WADMerge, which is a neat little doohickey by exl.

I have used it a number of times myself. The only thing is, if you have modified any Standard Doom/Doom2 textures, it will overwrite your modified ones with the originals, which I discovered the hard way, good thing I had backups. I think it will overwrite any lump that has the same name as a Doom/Doom2 lump, though I have only ever used it for textures. Someone who knows more than me can answer that.

It would crash sometimes too, though I think this was because I was trying to merge lumps that were too big for it to handle. I am guessing tho, this may not actually be the reason at all.

It worked and it merged the WADS, but now when I use the merged WAD I just get a error message when I try running the WAD via Skulltag that says that says "Execution could not continue.

Bad PNAMES and/or texture directory:

PNAMES has 538 entries, but
DARK0001 wants to use entry 0."

Anyone?

I do believe that Skulltag can use the ZDoom convention of patches and flats to be placed
between TX_START and TX_END markers. That way you do not have to deal with either PNAMES or
TEXTURE1 lumps. And the added bonus is, that you can use them all on walls, floors and/or ceilings.

The easiest way to merge the wads is by

1. using Deepsea.
2. using Slade3, which supercedes SlumpEd.