Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JohnTuttle

[REQUEST] Custom Monsters

The project I have been working on is a Doom version of the dungeons from the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time. I call my wad, Ocarina of Doom: The Triforce of Horror! So far I've spent most of my time building the maps, leaving detail and monster placement to do at a later point in time. I really enjoy both OoT and Doom so combining the two seemed like a good idea and I must admit it's coming along better than I expected. Below is a list of OoT dungeons and brainstormed map names for what I have done/have planned.

01: Kokiri Outpost & Deku Tower (Kokiri Village/Deku Tree)
02: Dodongo's Shrine (Goron Village/Dodongo's Cavern)
03: Jabu-Jabu Pits (Zoron Domain/Lord Jabu-Jabu's Belly)
04: Temple (Castle Courtyard/Temple of Time)
05: Forest Facility (Kokiri Village Future/Lost Woods/Forest Temple)
06: Fire Facility (Death Mountain/Fire Temple)
07: Water Facility (Ice Cavern/Lake Hylia/Water Temple)
08: Kakariko City Undergrounds (Kakariko Well)
09: Shadow Facility (Shadow Temple)
10: Gerudo Fortress (Gerudo Fortress)
11: Spirit Facility (Spirit Temple)
12: Ganon's Stronghold (Ganon's Castle)

I haven't thought up any of the secret levels yet, except for one, which will be the Gerudo Training Grounds (http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05-ocarina-of-time-gerudo-training-grounds-ice-arrow-guide.php).

Anyway, I had a question or two, along with some requests! I'll start with the requests...

Bosses! I think it would be great to have some tough custom monsters based off of, or representing the dungeon bosses. I guess I don't necessarily need or want all of them. For example, the Water Temple boss.. how would you get that into Doom? Another example of one not needed would be Bongo Bongo. If you think you can make it happen by all means, but in most cases I request imaginative alternatives! Here are a list of bosses/mini bosses.

Gohma
King Dodongo
Bigocto
Barinade
Poe Sisters
Phantom Ganon
Flare Dancer
Volvagia
Dark Link
Morpha
Bongo Bongo
Twinrova
Ganondorf
Ganon

If you need to see what they look like and what they do: http://www.zeldadungeon.net/Zelda05-ocarina-of-time-boss-guide.php
Please don't start anything without first posting about it so I can say more about it. I have some ideas on how some of these bosses could work and fit well within the Doom world.

The final request is the Ocarina. No, not to play or anything like that. It would replace the fist when all out of weapons/ammo, a blunt object to strike with..

I'll try to post some pics when I have some more time to take them. I start a new job tomorrow so it may be a week or two before I can get any up though (now having to wake up, when I usually go to bed!). I figure people will be more interested in putting their talent towards this project of mine if they could see that it's not just something crappy. Hope this sparked some imagination! I'm off to go work on it. Thanks for reading.

It's generally advisable to have the screenshots ready of what you've done so far before asking for help. No one is going to join such an ambitious project unless they can see it's on solid ground before they sign up.