Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

Copyright stuff

If I want to redo some patches/textures for Doom 2, I am not allowed to base them on existing ones from Doom 2. Is that right?

I was intending to change UAC to GAC. For my new project.

Doomboy: That mean if somebody murdered you, but they weren't caught, it would be OK, would it?

Your homework assignment is to write down your title 1000 times, then read it out aloud >:)

I don't think it's illegal to merely 'base' textures on the originals, so long as they aren't similar enough to be considered the same: But beware, this can also apply to subject matter, so anything with the UAC logo is a definite no, and anything with images of demons is a somewhat grey area -- they had better not be too close.

However, if you do base textures on originals, it's wise to accredit absolutely every influence on your art, and state that themes et al were used without permission. The work we do in the Doom community is free, and therefore we really shouldn't use resources that have to be paid for, or do anything that may damage the cashflow that companies have coming in for said resources. And it's 100% okay for them to take user levels and charge money for them. Unfair? Yes. What can you do about it? Get a job in the industry.

but i thouight you could do with doom whatever youwant just now mess with other peples stuff.
And what if you just tell in the readme what textures yiu changed from id software.
How may you not change a texture but you can change source code, this doesnt sound right.