Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
mmnpsrsoskl

ENDOOM

I know this was talked about before here somewhere but I can't find it so i'll ask again...How do you edit the text you see after certain levels of doom 2?

In order to edit the ENDOOM lump, you should be able to use any ANSI (because that's what it is, really) editor there is. Please keep in mind to use 22 or 23 lines, because any more lines results in the top disappearing.

;)

>HEH< but if you were talking about the 'intermezzos' of DOOM (for example, the one after level 6 telling you the next one is 'Dead Simple'), read above... :-S

Actually there are ENDOOM editors out there. They are called ENDOOMER and TED and can be found here.

Csabo:

Did you get my email message with my comments on the map editing capabilities of XWE? I sent it last week and didn't hear back from you. so I'm just checking.

ReX

Originally posted by AndrewB
Wow, six people reply and half of them misundestood.

That's because the person who asked the question doesn't seem to know the difference between ENDOOM and the intermission text.

Since he clearly meant the intermission text, I'll add another option - using BOOM's BEX and DEH support. I think ZDOOM supports these files too.

But, if you want to make sure that your changes will work in all ports of DOOM, including the original, the only option is to create a DEH file with DeHackEd, which can later be loaded with a port or applied diretly to the DOOM EXE.

Jeez...sorry if I confused everyone...And yes I did make the question a little confusing by putting a completely different subject but if you read the question you would understand what I meant...

Originally posted by bigbadgangsta
Its easier with EDGE's Language.ldf

EVERYTHING is easier with EDGE!! Just wish it was a bit more optimized, especially the GL version :-(

Damn good port though!

Fredrik said:

BEX should be supported by all ports based on Boom.

Yes, but not all ports with Boom support.