This damn shark won't make dying sounds or "swishing" sounds when it misses. What's up with that? Also, I could have sworn that there was a flag that didn't allow it to rise above a 3d sector, or just 10 pixels above the sector or something like that, but I can't find it.

link removed

To play the death sound you need to call A_Scream somewhere.

And what do you mean by 'swishing' sound.

You also may want to remove the 2 last 'AA' states in the A_Chase sequence. As it is defined it is 4 tics on 'A' but only 2 tics on B,C or D.

Graf Zahl said:

To play the death sound you need to call A_Scream somewhere.

I did.

Graf Zahl said:

And what do you mean by 'swishing' sound.

I mean if the shark misses, instead of playing the "chomp" sound, it plays a bubbly watery "swish" sound. Which I defined and called for.

Graf Zahl said:

You also may want to remove the 2 last 'AA' states in the A_Chase sequence. As it is defined it is 4 tics on 'A' but only 2 tics on B,C or D.

Agreed.

Krispy said:

I did.

you didn't.

your code:

Death:
    SHRK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile("Gibs1",random(20,40),0,random(0,360),2,random(-100,100))
	stop
the actual code may be:
Death:
    SHRK A 0 A_Scream
    SHRK AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 0 A_CustomMissile("Gibs1",random(20,40),0,random(0,360),2,random(-100,100))
	stop

Krispy said:

I mean if the shark misses, instead of playing the "chomp" sound, it plays a bubbly watery "swish" sound. Which I defined and called for.

oh, well, your code is:

SHRK F 8 A_CustomMeleeAttack (random (1, 5) *5, "Chomp")
you have to add another one segment:
SHRK F 8 A_CustomMeleeAttack (random (1, 5) *5, "Chomp", "missingmisssoundhere")