Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Harmata

[SOLVED]MAPINFO doesn't affect the skybox (map is Troll Fortress by Fiend).

So, i need to change the sky on the map Troll Fortress, but no matter what i write in the MAPINFO, it always stays the same. I've checked the map in the doom builder and everything seems fine. Neither the other standard skies (sky1, sky3..) nor a custom sky work, it's always the sky2.

Eh, any ideas what might cause this? Yes, i've sent PM to Fiend some time ago, but he's not around i guess. --->FIEND IF YOU ARE READING THIS CHECK YO PRIVATE MESSAGES BRO!!!<---

Here's map's entry from the MAPINFO:

map map06 "Troll Fortress by Fiend"
{
next = "map07"
sky1 = "RSKY2", 0.0
music = "SOR2L6"
}

Edit: forgot to add that all other maps work fine.

Thanks man, i've found those linedefs and learned what they do. Does anyone know if it's possible to disable/override them without editing the map? 'Cause i wanted to avoid editing maps for this little compilation i've put together. But it's okay i guess, changing the sky even via map editing is acceptable, so i will not cry (hard) if there is no other way.

I'm not gonna put this on idgames, don't worry, it's for personal use.
wait for it
And maybe i'll personally allow other people to use it! Ha-ha-ha, Harmata outwitted them all!

If it doesn't upset other maps in your compilation too much, add the RSKY2 & RSKY3 patches to your wad and swap their names over. That should give Troll Fortress the sky you want, then swap over references to RSKY2 & RSKY3 in MAPINFO for the other maps.

Yep, i just replaced the sky3 texture with RSKY2 and assigned it to all other RSKY2 maps in the MAPINFO. Other half uses sky1 anyway. Thanks.