Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Venk

visual mode problem?

Using doombuilder2 I was in visual mode and pressed.... something, and now cannot fly only walk. How do I fix that?

from the db1 manual, here's every 3d-mode hotkey for your convenience:

there's probably a few not listed though, for example shift+A autoaligns vertical offsets, etc

Be especially careful about the 'A' key (autoalign). It's easy to press by accident, and you often don't notice it at all, but all your monotextured room (or map) is then corrupted. It may, but may not be beneficial.

scifista42 said:

Be especially careful about the 'A' key (autoalign). It's easy to press by accident, and you often don't notice it at all, but all your monotextured room (or map) is then corrupted. It may, but may not be beneficial.

Yeah, if you're working with long, contiguous textures over a period of time, it's probably a good idea to put in a SUPPORT texture every now and then if appropriate, or some other texture, if only to keep from losing your alignments without realizing it. Especially if you're going for little details like missing bricks that align with textures, etc.

Anyway, you're probably still experimenting at this stage, but it's still good to know. :)

Ribbiks said:

E for backwards and D for forwards? Seems like a typing error to me.

Also, auto-align doesn't always look too bad when used on things such as circles. It depends really on the texture. ASHWALLx tends to pull it off quite easily, as does BRICK5 in my experience. If you're making circular-esque structures with a solid texture all the way round, you're never going to get a "perfect" alignment, unless the perimeter of your circle is miraculously a multiple of 64 or whatever the width of the texture is. In this case, you can press A on different lines, and it aligns them differently. Pick your favourite. The results aren't THAT bad.

Since Codeimp no longer adds to Doombuilder2, except bug fixes, Doombuilder2 was handed over
to MaxED, unofficially that is. His GZDoombuilder is more robust in many ways, especially the Visual Mode.
If you have a request for a new feature, he seems to welcome those.

Concerning aligning textures, he tightened up and added functionality to the code. Plus he added
many other useful features. See his thread on the ZDoom Forum:
http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=32392

Unfortunately, the DRDteam site is down at the moment. In case someone wants to try it, here is a link:
r1691 http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?arevvyco35casao
If Doombuilder2 worked for you, then GZDoombuilder will also work.
Don't let the GZ in the name scare you off from using it.

I had made a list of all keyboard shortcuts, may come in handy.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?5pxd6vn840al612

Geez, do you just lurk in the shadows waiting for newbs to ask questions? I remember you helping me out in a similar way just last year. :)

Anyway. As always, I can vouch for GZDoom Builder's utility in making vanilla maps, or Doom maps of any kind, really. If there's a downside, it's that it has a lot more options than Doom Builder 2, which can be overwhelming for new mappers. That said, I think it is hands-down the superior map editor.

schwerpunk said:

Geez, do you just lurk in the shadows waiting for newbs to ask questions?
I remember you helping me out in a similar way just last year. :)

Not usually, but today is a slow day. :)