Error saving iwad on Slade

Hi, im trying to learn Slade to edit some wads, but I can't save my changes, because when I click on save I get an error saying "IWAD saving disabled". I looked up that I have to change the setting iwad_lock in slade.cfg but I cant find that slade.cfg file. How do I save IWAD changes in Slade?

Why are you attempting to modify IWADs to begin with? You should work with PWADs.

You'd really be better off just copying the content you want to modify into a PWAD and always loading it when you play, rather than modifying the IWAD itself, honestly. Netgame incompatibilities and stuff.

Why is there such a problem? i want to modify an iwad. Is there no way to modify it? I wont use it for netgames.

You could change the iwad to pwad while you're editing. Just open it with any hex editor and change the first four bytes to read PWAD instead of IWAD. (then change back once you're done)

doomgargoyle said:

which hex editor I could use?

Try this one and make sure you have a backup of the IWAD before changing anything.

It's amazing how I can plan how a whole thread is going to go down just by reading the title.

Shadow Hog said:

You'd really be better off just copying the content you want to modify into a PWAD and always loading it when you play, rather than modifying the IWAD itself, honestly. Netgame incompatibilities and stuff.

That's what I do.