Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Breezeep

Slaughter map making tips?

A slaughter map is an inside joke among non-autistic people to troll autistic people, who can't help but repeat a task over and over until its completed. So the idea is to make the task as frustrating as possible for your troll target. As a slaughter mapper, you don't want to spend too much time and effort making the map; that would be self-trolling. You're trying to waste the player's time, not yours. Always make your maps at least 5 hours long and extremely difficult. Don't worry, the player will have to spend exponentially more time than that to demo it in 1 go without dying. Sprinkle hidden chaingunners throughout your map, they're a great tool to force restarting the map from scratch. Weigh the difficulty so the easiest parts are first and most difficult parts are last. This will make the player spend extra time redoing easy stuff over and over, before inevitably dying 4 hours in on the hard parts. Put at least 20 secrets in your map. Autistic people have bad memory and will forget one, making their uvmax demo invalid. Always release your map with an 'accidental' fatal bug like a necessary warp missing a walk over trigger that leads to the exit 4 hours in. This will let you release a new version to desync any demos made, making all his previous effort even more futile. Make lots of difficult strafe 50 vile jumps over columns above inescapable lava with max damage toward the end of the map. Create bots that can play the game flawlessly, complete with forum aliases named timeofdeath and okuplok. This will make sure that the poor autistic person always has an impossible time goal to reach even if they do complete the map in a single demo. And if they do you can always just make another map. Repeat until your troll target is dead from old age. Good luck!

Pain Elementals, Arch Viles, CyberDemons and Revenants everywhere.

Also, give the SSG immediately.

I have to say, reading this thread I'm actually kind of inspired. It's an area of mapping I've never really gotten into before, but I may have to give it a go. No promises I'll actually finish anything (or that it won't be crap), but it seems worth experimenting with. I'll be sure to take gggmork's advice to heart!