Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Looking for a sprite artist (menu and font conversion)

I'm working on this project and I need help from someone who can create new graphics or fonts for menu and hud messages. I'm looking for an 8 bit themed menu graphics and an 8 bit hud message font (though the latter isn't a must). Really simple stuff, just a menu that looks like a NES menu. If you want to see how the project is going, contact me and I can send what I've got so far. I haven't released a proper Demo yet.

PD.: I musn't say, all credits will be properly given.

If you don't find anyone to do the job for you (I don't volunteer), you can try to just find some suitable .bmp font on the internet, and use a program like Bitmap Font Writer to generate individual letters and whatever texts out of it. Then import them to a wad and let SLADE3 convert them to a Doom format.

scifista42 said:

you can try to just find some suitable .bmp font on the internet, and use a program like Bitmap Font Writer to generate individual letters and whatever texts out of it.

The font image will probably need to be re-formatted before Bitmap Font Writer can use it, which is not all that difficult once you know what's required.