Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lycaon

Problem with poisoned projectile

So, there is a projectile with damage and poisondamage. It works well when i load it separately with only DOOM2.WAD, but when I use it with all the other files of the .pk3 i'm making, the poison doesn't work. It does make the screen go green, although that is perhaps because of the +ADDITIVEPOISONDAMAGE +ADDITIVEPOISONDURATION flags. My best guess is that there might be some kind of something that is giving the player poison immunity, but I don't recall making anything like that, so i'm really lost here, but perhaps it's somerhing very simple that happens often to other people. Anyone got a similar problem? do you know of a solution?

The whole deal with the boss monster I made is that it uses poison, so it would be kind of lame if it didn't work.

By the way here is the projectile

ACTOR Knife_Poison
{
PROJECTILE
Speed 40
Height 8
Radius 8
Damage 10
PoisonDamage 30
+ADDITIVEPOISONDAMAGE
+ADDITIVEPOISONDURATION
DeathSound "weapons/kunai_2"
States
{
Spawn:
KNFE AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA 1
Goto Crash
Death:
KNFE AAAA 2
KNFE A 0 A_NoBlocking
Stop
Crash:
KNFE AAAA 2
KNFE A 0 A_NoBlocking
Stop
}
}

Thank you a lot!

EDIT!: It seems that the problem was that I was testing the map without monsters and then summoning via console. For some reason, poison doesn't work this way. Sorry about this, you can delete the post!

If you use Zandronum, update your version to the latest one. I recall that old version handled poison damage oddly, compared to ZDoom.

scifista42 said:

If you use Zandronum, update your version to the latest one. I recall that old version handled poison damage oddly, compared to ZDoom.

Read his Edit, he found the problem. Sadly he didn't know he could delete his thread himself (because noone had posted)

I've read his edit before I posted, anyway he admitted that poisoning didn't work for some strange reason when summoning monsters via console, which should normally work alright.