Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
KuriKai

DHTP version 20150623 released

Great job to you, and all the contributors!

Some questions for you: When you have 2 versions of the same resource (like multiple DOOR2_4's for example), I suppose you must decide which one to include in the pack. So, I wanted to know:

1. Where do the 'rejects' go?
2. Is there a list of those that did/didn't make it, preferably by author or project name?
3. Can the 'rejects' be downloaded?

Thanks, and again, great job everyone!

The biggest problem with this pack is it doesn't properly respect textures that fit together. COMPTALL not matching COMPBLUE is a big deal. There are other cases. I noticed things where linedefs with switches stuck out badly because the texture used for the switch was so much different than the surrounding stone or whatever.

kb1 said:

Great job to you, and all the contributors!

Some questions for you: When you have 2 versions of the same resource (like multiple DOOR2_4's for example), I suppose you must decide which one to include in the pack. So, I wanted to know:

1. Where do the 'rejects' go?
2. Is there a list of those that did/didn't make it, preferably by author or project name?
3. Can the 'rejects' be downloaded?

Thanks, and again, great job everyone!

The rejects stay where ever the person has posted them

Aliotroph? said:

The biggest problem with this pack is it doesn't properly respect textures that fit together. COMPTALL not matching COMPBLUE is a big deal. There are other cases. I noticed things where linedefs with switches stuck out badly because the texture used for the switch was so much different than the surrounding stone or whatever.

More detail on what switches?

How should comptall match compblue?

Also feel free to post fixed textures if you can :)

There has been an increased drive on creating graphics that are more accurate in recent times and completely inaccurate graphics have been removed.

But if a graphic is almost accurate and there isn't another one to replace it, should it be removed alongside completely inaccurate graphics?

For instance, the bottom vents on SPACEW3 in the DHTP are taller than on the original texture, but otherwise, it seems to be accurate scale wise (at least when I viewed it in game on TNT Map08; I haven't stuck the DHTP one next to the original texture in an image program).

Aliotroph? said:

Yes, thats the biggest problem IMO. And its weird because I have done big patch of switch textures that fit perfectly to rest of my textures (like star, stone, brown textures) but for some reason they not included in the official pack. Instead of them there are 2x smaller ones, which have less faithfully switches. The same with comptall and compsta textures - I have them both but in pack are only one. Final efect is litlle strange and ugly.

Reinchard said:

Yes, thats the biggest problem IMO. And its weird because I have done big patch of switch textures that fit perfectly to rest of my textures (like star, stone, brown textures) but for some reason they not included in the official pack. Instead of them there are 2x smaller ones, which have less faithfully switches. The same with comptall and compsta textures - I have them both but in pack are only one. Final efect is litlle strange and ugly.

Many, many of your textures have gone in, which I thankyou for.(check out the readmes to see which ones

middle is original, I have to choose between the current and yours.

The blue matches the original, but the metal doesn't. the metal on the current one matches the other metals in the pack.

If you can tweak the grey texture, it will definitely go in.

If you wanna know why certain textures are not in, feel free to ask :)

I forgot about that texture :) Ok, I fix the gray color. But what about your swicthes? That in the pack don't fit to star/brown/comp/stone textures. You should use the correct versions.

KuriKai said:

The rejects stay where ever the person has posted them

Can you elaborate on that answer a bit? I do not know what the procedure was for people posting their changes, so I do not know how to find where they were posted. Were they just grabbed from various forum posts, or did people actively transfer them to a DTHP website? Sorry for the trouble. I'd just like to see the details of all of the textures involved. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, I found your forum.

I've been using these textures for my upcoming demo map set I'll be releasing soon. I must say, they really help to create a more realistic looking environment. I especially like the way they look with the gzdoom source port's graphics settings turned all the way up.