Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
LanHikariDS

R_ProjectSprite error

So, I have a WAD I posted here, my first WAD, and didn't know that you weren't allowed to retain all of the original Doom II graphics, so I deleted those when it was brought up, and reuploaded it. When I tested it to make sure I didn't mess it up in ZDoom, it ran fine, however, I strive for Vanilla compatibility, so when I tried it in Doom95, it crashed when loading the map. I later tried it in Doom PSP, and when I selected a difficulty, it crashed, however, it did give me an error message this time: "R_ProjectSprite: invalid sprite frame 116 : 0" What do I do? (I am running it as a PWAD to Doom II, but I did used to run it as an IWAD when it had the Doom II graphics)

Make sure to delete all sprites AND sprite markers (S_START/S_END) from your wad. Vanilla doesn't support custom sprites, unless you replace ALL of the stock ones, or NONE.

scifista42 said:

Make sure to delete all sprites AND sprite markers (S_START/S_END) from your wad. Vanilla doesn't support custom sprites, unless you replace ALL of the stock ones, or NONE.

Oh... Well, damn...