Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kid Airbag

"Invisible Barrier" Bug

Not to beat it to death, but in this case it was pure luck that the vertex overlap occurred. If there's a line on top of a line and no vertex has the same coordinates, no errors pop up in WA. So this is where it gets impossible see the error:)

If the problem hasn't been solved yet, could I have a copy of the wad so I can try and fix it (as there's not a bug I can't fix in WA)

edit: Looks like I'm too late.....oh well, nevermind.

Ultimate DooMer said:

If the problem hasn't been solved yet, could I have a copy of the wad so I can try and fix it (as there's not a bug I can't fix in WA)

edit: Looks like I'm too late.....oh well, nevermind.

Haha, read way back up. The problem was stated as solved before you even made your first post. Your suggestion about linedef flipping was also tried and answered way back.

Edit: Oops, sorry. I must have had too much coffee, so to speak. :/
I shouldn't have said that.

Invisible barriers appear to be a node-building problem that occurs whenever there are somewhat complex sectors in the vicinity. Adding a sector over the barrier (or, as Biffy suggested, shifting the vertices of nearby sectors) solves the problem.

Another problem I occasionally get is if I create a large sector within a larger sector that has a different floor height (e.g., an island in a lake). There will be a "hole" in the inside sector that does not show up in editing or auto-map mode. However, once I create other sectors in the inside sector (e.g., a building), the problem goes away.