Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ZarcyB

Where can I find zwadconv.exe????

Guest ZarcyB

I read that to use Wadauthor in ZDoom you need to convert the Doom II Wad file to ZDoom's format. To do this, I need zwadconv.exe. Where do I get this from? One of the ZDoom editing tutorials tells me that it is in the ZDoom package but I can't find it. Can someone tell me where 2 find it plz, it would be a great help thanx.

Actually, zwadconv.exe only converts basic DooM2 maps into a format that can be opened/edited in native ZDooM mode. To actually edit or create such maps (i.e., maps that make use of ZDooM features) do the following:

1. Go to this site (run by Randy Heit):

http://zdoom.notgod.com/download.shtml

2. Download the following files:

ACC 1.13 (acc113.zip)
WadAuthor Configuration files (zdoom-wauthor.zip)

3. Unzip these files into your WadAuthor directory. Reconfigure WadAuthor to read the zdoom.wcf wad configuration file (i.e., start with a fresh install of WadAuthor and follow the prompts). If you want to run a map from within WadAuthor in ZDooM, edit your Wauthor.ini file to add the following statement:

[DEBUG]
NoWARun=1

4. To create or edit a script in a map, right click outside the map boundary, select script, and create/edit away.

To convert an existing map that was not created for ZDooM, use zwadconv.exe, which is found in utils050999.zip (available from the site listed above).

Hope this answers your question.

ZarcyB said:

I read that to use Wadauthor in ZDoom you need to convert the Doom II Wad file to ZDoom's format. To do this, I need zwadconv.exe. Where do I get this from?

Yes, you need to convert the Doom2 wad and use that in your ZDoom wcf file for the IWAD. You can get the zwadconv.exe in the editing package on the ZDoom homepage. It is a seperate download from the ZDoom files. I also have a tutorial on the ZDoom Tech page on getting started ZDoom editing with WadAuthor.