Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ViperBoy

Edge is acting weird !

As some of you (might) know, I'm working on a mod called Bone Match. It uses Edge (1.25 wip ofcourse). This version hasn't been released yet; but when a bullet hits the wall I've made it so it emits a ricochet kinda sound. I've also made the blood that flies around transparent. The problem is that every time some bullets hit something (like a wall) my computer freezes for a few seconds. Seems like it's due to overload and that can't be (500 mhz, geforce 1, 128 mb pc100 sd ram). Every other game I own runs bad too (counterstrike runs at mere 19 fps). All this started occuring ever since I installed a danish version of Windows ME (I used to run with an english version). That couldn't be the reason could it ?

first off windows me (any language) is EXTREMLY unstable when it comes to running games. best to go [back] to windows 95/98

Guest Fanatic

Email me a copy of your THINGS.DDF, sounds like a DDF problem.

footman said:

first off windows me (any language) is EXTREMLY unstable when it comes to running games. best to go [back] to windows 95/98

MONTY PYTHON RULES! AND I AM THE KNIGHT WHO SAYS "NI!"

SCHOOL IS OUT TOMORRRRROOOOWWWWW!!! YEAH BABY!

(Sorry, I got a little carried away :P)

Guest Fanatic
Fanatic said:

Email me a copy of your THINGS.DDF, sounds like a DDF problem.

I don't know why this is causing it, but try changing the states for the blood thing to this, see if that fixes it:

STATES(SPAWN)=BLOD:D:0:NORMAL:PLAYSOUND(GIBLAND),
BLOD:D:250:NORMAL:TRANS_SET(50%),
BLOD:D:3:NORMAL:TRANS_SET(40%),
BLOD:D:3:NORMAL:TRANS_SET(30%),
BLOD:D:3:NORMAL:TRANS_SET(20%),
BLOD:D:3:NORMAL:TRANS_SET(10%),
#REMOVE;