Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MancubusBruiser1988

Won't load...

There are some custom monsters that will not load in GZDoom builder.. They won't even be listed in things mode in decorate or monsters. Even though I have put them in the resources. They do come up in slade though.. Any ideas?

Also a couple of custom textures won't load in final wad, even though I've saved them onto my map with slade.. I tried saving multiple custom texture wads in slade but then it corrupts textures in gz builder and makes them missing in the saved wad.
I want to use multiple textures using slade but how do I do it so it doesn't corrupt them?

Do they have doomed numbers? because it sounds like they don't have doomed numbers.

Textures not showing up is most likely because you forgot to put them between the right markers and/or define them in the TEXTUREx (or its' boom equivalent).

Hmmm well everything I download (monsters and textures) is from realm 667. Most stuff I have downloaded works..

As for the custom textures problem, saving multiple custom textures with slade blurs lots of the textures when it comes to using them in gz builder.. maybe I'm meant to do it in a different order or save less textures? Or maybe I'm not putting the textures in the right place in slade. I save them in the same column as the monsters in the opened map

first time with slade for me so I'm new to this..

Open the wad with the custom monster in SLADE3, open the DECORATE lump in text mode, see if there is a doomednum in the header of the actor definition (see DECORATE format specifications), if not, write there a unique number and save changes, also see if the monster's DECORATE definition contains a line "//$Category XXX", if so, you'll find the monster in a thing category XXX in the thing list in your map editor, if not, it will appear in a category named "Decorate" at the bottom of the thing list, but only if it has a valid and unique doomednum.

Wanna tell what custom textures and monsters you are using (atleast the ones that are causing problems).
Wanna post your wad?

Blurring issue sounds like you just have anisotropic filtering enabled.

I have successfully got twelve custom monsters working in my map and got them from the decorate option.
The cyberimps and afrit don't appear though which I want.

I'm using the texture wads- Doom Potpourri, cage-tex, d1gfxd2 (Doom 1 textures).
They all come up fine in gz builder, however a lot of textures get screwed up and blurry after they have been saved into my wad after using slade...

I will make my map available for download once it's worthy to play. Too early stages yet.

Neither Afrit nor cyberimp is has DoomEd number by default so you need to add those in (see link scifista posted) or they won't show up in gzdoom builder.

I don't really get what you mean blurry textures. If you could take a screenshot of one blurry texture before adding it to your wad (in slade) and after (in slade) and one in gzdb (next to a vanilla iwad texture).

I don't really even see how the textures could get blurry unless you are doing some sort of conversion with them (you don't need to with 667 stuff). I know that anisotropic filtering present in gzdb by default can make textures look really blurry but you disable it in the preferences.

Some textures comes out as a corrupted scrambled mess after it has been through slade and the wad reopened in gzdoom builder...
It must be because I'm not putting the textures in order or having way too many textures in slade.. that's my only guess.

It's kinda hard to give any advice when you don't post any pics, tell exactly what you are doing or posting your wad (I don't care if it's playable or not).

This is what happens to some of the textures after the custom textures have been put into the wad through slade and opened back up in gz builder. Also look the same when testing/playing.

MancubusBruiser1988 said:

This is what happens to some of the textures after the custom textures have been put into the wad through slade and opened back up in gz builder. Also look the same when testing/playing.

Let's go through this step by step

First open both pwads, the resource pwad and your pwad with Slade3

CGMETL10 as an example.
Copy/paste CGMETL10 from the resource pwad into your pwad, between TX_ markers
http://doomwiki.org/wiki/TX_START

and save your pwad.

Open your pwad with GZDB and insert CGMETL10as a floor texture

And in-game with GZDoom

Thanks for that advice.. My textures are working as they should.
I wasn't putting them in the correct place and I didn't have a source wad put in.

speaking of this. I now know that different custom things are put in different placeS in slade. I already know where to put monsters but where do I put custom weapons?

I am getting the same problem again...
After I add in the textures and save in slade, I then add in custom monsters.. it's not till I add the monsters (at top above map01)that my textures become scrabbled in gzdm.
Also when I open the map gzdb also gives me around 300 error warning notifications saying things are "doubled defined"
Am I not saving something in order??

Even just adding one custom texture in slade with all the custom monsters in there will cause all this problem

Did you have the wad open in both SLADE3 and GZDB at the same time? You should never do that, because in the best case, it will erase all changes made to the wad in one of the editors, and in the worst case, it may corrupt the entire wad. The only safe way to have a wad open in both SLADE3 and GZDB at the same time is to open it in SLADE3 first and use SLADE3's feature "Open map in Doom Builder" to launch GZDB to edit a specific map in the already opened wad.

Yes that must of been what was ruining my wad.. I did have them both open.
I have to re do the map from scratch anyway. I figured out what I was doing wrong..

How do I change between or convert a SKY to a F_SKY?
I wanna start a map from scratch using the Doom one sky texture again. I can't remember how I did it first time.

Also just started slade from scratch and put in textures then closed it and opend gzdm seperatly and there is still scrabled textures??

If you want to change the sky use mapinfo to define the new sky texture.

http://zdoom.org/wiki/MAPINFO/Map_definition

map map01
{
sky1 = "newskytexturename"
}

Recently I started using pk3 file structure for my maps and it's pretty neat. You can have your maps open in slade and gzdb at the same without having to worry about one program overwriting the other. You can also have multiple maps open at the same time.