Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Medis

A 16 angle sprites from Voxel models

As title says,

Could be pretty daaaam cool right?
This is completly out of my skills of how to scan those so if anyone would be able to I would be very thankfull!

3D models aswell! Some sort of pack of those would be very very good. (PNG's). At full resolution if possible (or some ideal one~)

I saw a guy somewhere who was able enough to use voxel method to render a missing angle sprites of certain objects (back then he did it on imp)

If you can make a voxel model of Doom sprites then instead of making new sprites out of it why not... use the voxel model...

I need the sprites really... of 3D models or voxels...

If anyone skillfull would knew how to or could do it (aka quick tut), it would be great.
If someone remember knee-deep in zdoom there were extra angles for normally 2D objects. And since 16 is better then 8... why not

EDGE/3DGE and PrBoom+ can support 16-angled sprites using ZDoom's convention, but not voxels, so the request has some validity.

Medis said:

If anyone skillfull would knew how to

No need to be skillful to know how to: Open the voxel/model in any voxel/model viewer/editor program, take screenshots of the voxel/model from 16 sides, downsize them, polish them, rename them, and put them into a wad/pk3.

Urthar, who once made Shambler sprites out of a model, implied that he could partially automate that process, but it was still a hard work for him - or that's how I interpreted his post. Even if you find an utility to generate sprites out of voxels/models, you certainly won't find one with a guarantee that the sprites will look any decent (in the game) without further manual polish.

So i grabbed somewhere the voxel pack which has KVX voxels in it.
Where the KVX seems to be doom specific.

I tried following editors:
Slab6, DelphiDOOM, VoxelShop,

None of them is capable of scans or rotate them precisely on 16 axes.
They kinda only have quick 3D view (sometimes crazy with inverted axes)

Further ideas?

Medis said:

None of them [can] rotate them precisely on 16 axes.

Come on, they have to be able to do that. If not 100% precisely, then at least approximately in such a way that you can easily reproduce that exact same angle when viewing different voxels.