Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Black Void

Erg...

... ok. I need some Zdoom help- it seems that whenever I play a zdoom specific level, the map name is just changed on the auto map. Now how is this done? I just feel bad now because I know how to script, but I don't know how to change the map name... drats. So uh- help on that would be nice!

Ok- I understand what to do, but is there anyway to edit this mapinfo lump from WadAuthor? (Epyo- I'm pretty sure you use DeepSea, right?)

Because I don't know how to edit it from WadAuthor if their is a way...

Black Void said:

is there anyway to edit this mapinfo lump from WadAuthor?

I dont know. The eastiest way is with that program XWE. First i opened notepad and made the mapinfo lump and saved it as mapinfo.lmp (obvious...)Next i opened up my wad with XWE. I clicked on the entry button at the top of the screen, and then clicked on load. I clicked on my mapinfo.lmp and clicked open, and then exited xwe. Done.

Epyo- thank you very much for telling me how to do it in XWE, it works like a charm :-)

BTW- CAPSLOCK is great... especially level 2...

You can also do it with Wintex, as the lump is a standard text file. Create it with Notepad or whatever, then insert it into your wad as a data lump. (but make sure that Hexen is selected as the game)

But no, you can't edit it from within WadAuthor.

Ultimate DooMer said:

But no, you can't edit it from within WadAuthor.

John Williston, the creator of WadAuthor, had plans to include lump management in the program. But that was over a year ago, and no one has heard from him since. Too bad.