DOOM Anomaly said:

Newbie is such a Harsh word...How about "New Kid on the Block"? >8D

It says it under his nick...

ravage said:

And you can call me "Bastard Who Won't Stop Wearing Blue"

You're a cop!

DOOM Anomaly said:

And i wish i could own a pet Arch-Vile >:D

Yeah, one that would kill you when it's hungry and incinerate your house and family...hmmm

Xanthier said:

Yeah, one that would kill you when it's hungry and incinerate your house and family...hmmm

Yea!!! That would be sa-weet dude! It'd obliterate everything in our way!! >:D

Is a pet Arch-Vile anything like exploding muffins? They both blow stuff up. But you don't expect the exploding muffins tho. Do you?

ravage said:

Is a pet Arch-Vile anything like exploding muffins? They both blow stuff up. But you don't expect the exploding muffins tho. Do you?

They each have their good points..

Arch-Vile: Would scare the hell outta every1 it was seen by, paralyzing them with Pure fear and terror.

Exploding Muffin: Nobody ever expects the Muffin. >:D

who is this Xenos character? and why can't he play Doom anymore?? I'll change my name if I really should... i may be a doom noob, but i'm not a noob to the online world.

DemonSlayerGuy said:

I wish Hollywood would make a doom movie like the books. I mean come on only the freaks dont want one(and you know who you are)

Dude, the books SUCK. A movie MIGHT be good as long as they DO NOT base them on those shitty ass books.

xenos is an oldschool deatmatch player. I'm sure a few of his irc friends like myselfe would appriciate seeing you make an abbreviation to your nick in order to avoid confusement =)

DemonSlayerGuy said:

I wish Hollywood would make a doom movie like the books. I mean come on only the freaks dont want one(and you know who you are)

No you don't.

Xanthier said:

Think of the possibilities having an Archvile as pet! The attention you would get at parties ressurecting some inlaws...
--ADDED
...if only to kill them again and again and...

DemonSlayerGuy said:

ABSOLUTELY NOT.

sparky said:
Ya, i Dont get why all out of the blue there makin movies about games

like RtcW
and half-life

There making movies about half-life and RtCW? SUPER! Excuse me while I go outside to see if the world has ended.

Ct_red_pants said:

There making movies about half-life and RtCW? SUPER! Excuse me while I go outside to see if the world has ended.

I think half life could make a pretty good action flick, it's got a good enough story line... I dunno about RtCW, I haven't played it yet.

Xenos said:

I think half life could make a pretty good action flick, it's got a good enough story line... I dunno about RtCW, I haven't played it yet.

If I remember correctly (I lost the game a while ago...:S), in the year 943 a.d. some evil German sorcerer got trapped under some stone, where 1000 years later the castle Wolfenstein is placed and the Germans try to ressurect this ancient dude...

Well, sounds like a standard Hollywood plot to me!

Heh, a sorcerer that comes back to life after one thousand years... ever listen to Candlemass' A Sorcerer's Pledge?

DemonSlayerGuy said:

You must be... out of your friggin'.......... MIND!
Go and read some fan fics here on Doomworld to get an idea on how the Doom tales should be told in written form.

As for movies: I do not want hollywood to touch neither Doom, nor Wolfenstein. Sadly, that's what's gonna happen it seems >:-(
Half life would make a good flick? Sure, if they could make a good Wolfie movie they could certainly make a good Half Life movie too - but it'd be lame if they'd do a Doom movie first, because the basic story aspects of both games are virtually the same.

dsm said:
Half life would make a good flick? Sure, if they could make a good Wolfie movie they could certainly make a good Half Life movie too - but it'd be lame if they'd do a Doom movie first, because the basic story aspects of both games are virtually the same.

I don't really think Half lifes plot rips offs dooms as much as everyone else seems to think.

About the only thing they have in common is that they both involve portholes and an alien invasion. Beyond the first few parts of the story, they have very little in common. In fact, I’d say half life has more in common with the first quake game then doom.

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU MEAN THE BOOKS SUCK!!

You must be stupid if you think the books suck they rock. You must be one of the dumb people who dont know something good when you see it! What the hell do know!

DemonSlayerGuy said:

You must be stupid if you think the books suck they rock. You must be one of the dumb people who dont know something good when you see it! What the hell do know!

Okay, first of all, Dont say that people are dumb or incompetent just cause they dont approve of the Books, and second of all, think before you speak/type, that last part there is a bit vague.

Kay, at first DemonSlayerGuy said:

Now DemonSlayerGuy says:
You know i have not read the novels in 3 years and after listening to what you just said......YOUR RIGHT!! holy shit they are gay.

Dude, make up your mind...And dont just say that they are gay cuz Sum1 else does, people are entitled to their own decisions and opinions so dont just follow one and hope that things will be better, just dont insult ppl in which thing differently than you.

bigbadgangsta said:

Dude, the books SUCK. A movie MIGHT be good as long as they DO NOT base them on those shitty ass books.

everytime someone mentions the goddamn books you can expect these reactions. funny shit

Err, I might pont out that what I posted was BBGs thoughts on the subjest. If you want mine, Replace the word "gay" with the word "bites".

In regards to the half life and RtCW movies, yes they both have poetical to be great movies, but they won't be, because Hollywood always lames up the plot.

That is all.

I thing univeral studion should make a "Catacombs of the Abyss" movie!

Im Sure that the Doom III editor will have support to read and edit my COA maps, that hase to be on the top of there prioritys :).

Will I be banned if I mention any movie options including Pumpkins?

BBG’s review is one of the funniest reviews I have ever read. LOL funny! It actually made me want to read the damn books to see why they suck so badly.