Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BB_

Node buiding

Ive got absolutely no idea how to sort out the nodes and reject stuff in any of my maps, as my experience lies with quake, quake2 and half life. Ive used glbsp to some effect but i dont want to include additional files into my wad and as a result the maps have truck loads of small HOMs here and there. Could someone suggest me a decent program to sort this and advice on how to use it, cheers.

If this is not a GL-specific question, most node building issues are taken care of automatically by various wad editing software. DeePsea and WadAuthor have built-in node builders. WARM and BSP, maybe some others, are specifically for node building. WARM does reject map building, DeePsea too. I've also heard of RMB for reject map building.

Most, but not all, HOMs I've seen are caused by missing textures, not node-building problems.

well, deu tells me there are no missing textures in any of them, and ill give them programs a spin. thanks

BB_ said:

well, deu tells me there are no missing textures in any of them, and ill give them programs a spin. thanks

OK. If you still have problems with the wad, I'm curious to see what it might be. If you want, send it to llblakely@earthlink.net and I'll look around it and report to you.