Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Furries make Doom crash!

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

This thread is disturbing, though kat's stories turn me on :P

...Well her stories don't "turn me on" as you put it, but she does make many good valid points, imo.

sheesh sheesh sheesh. i dont want to continue, but i know for sure that windows 2k and xp dont have dos. i dont like xp since its so shitty when i leave it on compared to windows 2k. i find 2k better for games and pron. also, winme suxors. main reason being thats its just soo damn slow, and it just makes me vomit. ofcourse its better than 9x cus its more stable, but its still slow. linux is cool, and its far superior ( shit, it even detected my mouse, kyb, monitor, mobo, hd, ram, and everything else windows cant even tell what it is. winblows cant tell me what monitor i use. but if your an avergae joe, dont use linux).

$0.02

o and another thing, ntfs is better than fat32.

Actually, XP is generally considered superior for games in general due to its increased compatibility with older Win95/98 games over Win2k. And, most 'PC enthusiasts' will tell you ME is both slower and less stable than 98SE or 95B.

Hey Katarhyne! You are probably going to hate me for this but I don’t even know you yet and I like you already. Not in a perverted way though. By the way Kain, My win XP runs my games perfectly so far and I have had it for almost a year now with no problems.

um... id like to see you play doom.exe and see what you get. windows xp is horrible.

Hmm, doom.exe is indeed the best executable of anything ever created, but I wouldn't decide how good an OS is just because it can run it or not.

Amazing. -nosound made it work. How annoying. =P

When I run ZDoom through DeePsea (for level testing) can I just add -nosound to the list of switches?

[edit by Katarhyne] Yes, you should be able to.

kain said:

um... id like to see you play doom.exe and see what you get. windows xp is horrible.

Doom.exe won't work with new OS's because it was designed for DOS. No, it won't work. You're trying to run a very gold game on a very new OS. You can't expect to run old games on new things, that's what source ports are for. Just because it can't run ancient games doesn't mean it's a bad OS. There are several cases like this. Old games for 386's that run at the processor speed won't work on new computers.
[/edit]

You said it, Nanami, it's pure gold! Actually those old games may be playable with apps like moslow.exe.

Nanami said:

Amazing. -nosound made it work. How annoying. =P

When I run ZDoom through DeePsea (for level testing) can I just add -nosound to the list of switches?

Heh.

There's no reason why -nosound shouldn't work from a DeepSea launch of zdoom.

There appear to be some problems with Zdoom's sound code. When I run Zdoom AT ALL on most any of my boxes, I get TEH UBAR CRASH and I've got to cut the power at the PSU because the soft-off button won't work. And, naturally, -nosound (but not -nosfx or -nomusic) fixes it.

What the new zdoom betas have been doing to me is lower Window's MIDI sound volume for some apps without affecting the actual sound volume. Then I have to move the MIDI volume up and down a bit to fix it.

Nanami, I don't mean to hijack your post, but I have to put a stop to this mindless mindlessness.

Sephiroth, first of all, your nickname irritates the fuck out of me. Try to be a little more original. And yes, I'm aware that FF7 is not the origin of the name, but don't even begin to try and tell me that's not where you got it.

Second of all, you are constantly spreading misinformation and trying to take the 'elite' high ground. "Linux si bettar than windoze" is a retarded flag to carry and I'm tired of seeing you, someone who knows absolutely nothing about any sort of Linux, carry that banner with zero idea what you're talking about. You constantly down windows, with no regard for the fact that for most day-to-day applications, Windows is a platform far superior to any Linux. You continue to claim that Windows ME has no DOS support, when in fact it itself is DOS-based. You go on and on about Windows 2000 with no regard for Windows XP, which any real technician will tell you is far superior to Windows 2000 in virtually every area.

Third of all - a lot of people around here used to mock people (esco, Lord BazTard, others) for the way they typed. I think that kind of argument is stupid, personally, but allow me to be hypocritical for a moment - LEARN TO SPELL AND TYPE PROPERLY. KEYBOARDING CLASS MOTHERFUCKER, DO YOU SPEAK IT?

Now, I could just as easily ban you, but I'm not. You haven't done anything I could ban you for and doing such would simply be an abuse of the trust Linguica has placed in me to moderate his forums. I'm even sure a few other people would rejoice if I did so. But I'll be nice for a moment and admit that you do bring a certain bit of technical knowledge with all your lameness, and you're also a pretty nice guy. In fact, as you're reading this, you're probably thinking "why me?" Why? Because I'm a rude bitch, and you irritate me.

hmm could it be you? maybe not, you seem too mature to do that to a post. glad you didnt ban me because you dont like me. first off I use both LINUX and windows. realy for the same things, I like alot of LINUX and windows features too. the main reason is the fact that it is cheaper to get over windows. as i can see u think i am just a newbie or some dumb moron. well i dont want to disappiont you at all. as for likeing windows or LINUX that my damn choice and last time i checked i can vioce my opionion. another thing is I dont think i am better than anyone because i use LINUX, i really vioce it to get other people to try other things. windows is not the only thing out, try something else. I do that with most other types of software, Try something else. I dont even stick to the same Dist. of Linux. I work with DOS still and even freeDOS and some other basic Operating systems.

Also why do u insult me by saying you dont like my screen name, and thus me for that matter, if u dont like it keep stuff like that to your self. I use to not have a problem with you, thought you where nice, but now i do have a problem with you. That is a hard thing to do, get on my bad side. the choosing of my screen name was for two reason, that may surprise you. first off i DO like FFVII and last i checked that is ok, so what if u dont like it. maybe i dont like any of the stuff you like, but am i gonna make fun of you, nope. the other reason, sephiroth is a hebrew name and it is found in other cultures as well. sepha-na-set-na is a trib name in my culture, said to mean something similar( never really reasearched it) and that was going to be my original name. but i changed it to sephiroth because it is shorter. \

As for my typeing and spelling. I AM NOT FROM THE USA U ASS!!!! I have tried working on it and have gotten better. I was born in Albania, for you people who dont know where that is, it is above greece in eastern europe, thus english is a second laguage to me. If you like I can type in albanian. I generaly have gotten along with most of the people here and I respect the forums and the mods. Like any human being I have my own views, and why shouldn't I. If i wanted to I could be one of those asshole who turns this place into a real hell hole, but I aint gonna do that. I got too much respect for many of the people here

Katarhyne said:

There appear to be some problems with Zdoom's sound code. When I run Zdoom AT ALL on most any of my boxes, I get TEH UBAR CRASH and I've got to cut the power at the PSU because the soft-off button won't work. And, naturally, -nosound (but not -nosfx or -nomusic) fixes it.

Well, it wasn't just ZDoom that made it crash, it was any port except VaVoom. But I got it to work now. Thanks muchly Kat. ^_^

And sorry for the double post above. It was sort of different subjects and I didn't think to incorporate them.

Sephiroth said:

[Emotional stuff]

1. I don't wanna be rude or anything, but quotes would help people who read all of that. :)

2. I wasn't expecting that origin for yer name.

3. Damn, forgot again.

Nanami said:

And sorry for the double post above. It was sort of different subjects and I didn't think to incorporate them.

Don't worry about it. Just address who you're talking to.

* myk looks at Nanami and points at his very 1st post here.

myk said:

* myk looks at Nanami and points at his very 1st post here.

I know, I know. I just forgot about it. =P

/me 's thread is boarded by a pirate ship and everyone is taken hostage and tied up, afterwards being forced to listen to opinions about OS's.

=P

Nanami said:

/me 's thread is boarded by a pirate ship and everyone is taken hostage and tied up, afterwards being forced to listen to opinions about OS's.

=P

*Peter offers Nanami chocolate as reparation. :)

edit: hm, you are right, I did not want to recycle your post, sorry :)

kain said:

sex is like a pizza. if its good, its good. if its bad, its still good.

...uhhhh, dude, where in the most Holy of the most holy Sanctuaries did That come from??

DOOM Anomaly said:

...or is there? Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn

Keep that up and there's not going to be any more DOOM Anomaly.

DOOM Anomaly said:

...or is there? Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnn

Another step downhill, is it, o CAVEanomaly?