Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

PS2 Backwards Compatibility...

I edit my posts sometimes. Usually if I remember something that I needed to add. I don't typically add an [edit][/edit] note, though. I try to avoid making more than one in a row. Looks tacky. =/

The industry is in the shitter. The good games are in print for about two weeks and then go out of production. People with good taste buy them up and don't trade them in. So then they become nearly impossible to get. Then shitty popularity optimized games are way over mass produced and saturate the market. Get Contra: Shattered Soldier while you can.

Sony doesn't need your support. They're #1 in consoles. SquareEA is probably #1 in actual game titles. They can handle themselves and won't hesitate to screw you the instant you turn your back. Give support and credit where it's due instead of letting what's great but otherwise underrated and little known fall into obscurity and failure in our lamestream market place.

*Spoilerola*
And Sephiroth is way over rated. He's a freaking bad xerox clone of his brother who is a bad xerox clone of his mother or something like that. Damn third generation xerox clone boy spazzes out and kills people because his brains have been scrambled through half-assed copying attempts. The legendary Masamune he uses is commonly used in games. You can get it in Konami's Castlevania SOTN/Dracula X NITM. Squaresoft uses it over and over in just about every RPG they make because they can't think of something else. FF7 is a crap RPG, just not as crappy as FF8 or 10. No one cares about FF9 because it actually went old school but it is a short game. Before everyone would just say how awesome the graphics were when the characters weren't even textured mapped and walk into each other and disappear. Now that the game's gfx show their age as the crappy novelty early gen 3D they are, people say it's a good RPG. Well the older FF's were better than that. Also, in case they succeeded in making it unclear in the butchered US version of FF7... Everyone dies at the end of FF7. Enix, GameArts, and Sega all kick the crap out of Squaresoft's pop crap.

Actually, I liked FFVII. I like the materia system. And the story is cool. FFVIII was dumb. No story, just graphics. I liked IX but it was short. I haven't played X. My favorite Final Fantasy game is Tactics, though. Even though they really shouldn't have included Orlandu. Seriously, you can beat the whole game with him by himself. He can render the final boss useless in two moves. Or, if you want to do it faster, just kill the boss in two moves. =/

But I love the customizability in the games. For the same reason, I like Azure Dreams. I have a level 99 Wind Dragon with x2 Speed and Dark Magic, 255 all stats. If you've ever played the game you know how insanely long that takes. The graphics are horrible and there is no way, under any circumstances, that you can get a game over. But I like being able to control everything. ^_^

Gokuma said:

The legendary Masamune he uses is commonly used in games....

Masamune == arguably the greatest Japanese swordsmith ever. Certainly the most famous. There's a reason lots of Japanese RPGs out there feature a blade bearing his name, in one form or another.

Anyway, back on topic.

o yah. the dramcats was a piece of work. it had beautiful gfx and the games where the best. the only game that got an f was mk gold. i used to play it on my monitor and i creamed my pants after seing it play grandia 2 or soul calibur for the first time on monitor. ps2 is plane shit. dont play a dvd in it for more than 6 houers strait or it will die. dont leave it on overnight or it will die. man i could go on and on. and yes i have experianced this many time
i have left it on twice and had it fixed twice, and i have watch movies back to back and had it die twice. gave it back after it couldnt play spider man for ps1.
the main reason why a pc is better is because that there is only a couple of markests. and if your computor suxors, just spend the amount you would pay on a ps2, gamepad, game, and a mempory card, and upgrade your shit. damn. i hated it when my dreamcast got outdated and i hate over 200 games for it, mainly cus they where all *caugh* bootled *caugh*. o yah, doom and and the quakes are on the dramcast. yup. linux, and a whole bunch of shit. hell even bleem could pump out
1024x768 and ps2 has to be more powerful cs its runing less than that. so when i poped in bleem for dreamcast, i creamed my pants. it blew ps2 out of the water.

so all in all
playstation sux (both of them)
gamecube is ok
dreamcast rox (sega rox)
xbox is a damn 3do all over again with their fucking huge controlers
and the pc will alwase raign supreme
neogeo (console) rox, but i doubt youll pay upwards of 1k just to get it
super nes (wish i still had it)
genesis is cool (sega still rox)
saturn (whoops)
gameboy advanced ( they forgot to put in an lcd that can display light in the dark)
atari baught out by midway ( still good games ) atari made the sanfrancisco rush games
um....
thats about it.
so in my book the best ones are:
1st. pc
2nd. snes
3rd. dreamcast