Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMer 4ever

Newstuff help someone please!

I decided to practice how to upload wads so I uploaded a custom weapon I've made and found out that it was rejected:

Fri Nov 8 02:47:00 EST 2002 Rejected: konnuri.txt because Bad upload of zip file
Fri Nov 8 02:47:00 EST 2002 Rejected: konnuri.zip because Bad upload zip=103613 bytes

Why, I made it by the advices from scientist:

So:
goto DOS and type:

ftp archives.3dgamers.com
anonymous
(put email here)
cd pub
cd idgames
cd incoming
bin
put (exe or zip file)
put (text file)
quit

Though I think I forgot the bin part. I'm not sure where the zip should be, In C:/? Could someone help me out?

DooMer 4ever said:

I decided to practice how to upload wads so I uploaded a custom weapon I've made and found out that it was rejected:

Fri Nov 8 02:47:00 EST 2002 Rejected: konnuri.txt because Bad upload of zip file
Fri Nov 8 02:47:00 EST 2002 Rejected: konnuri.zip because Bad upload zip=103613 bytes

Why, I made it by the advices from scientist:

So:
goto DOS and type:

ftp archives.3dgamers.com
anonymous
(put email here)
cd pub
cd idgames
cd incoming
bin
put (exe or zip file)
put (text file)
quit

Though I think I forgot the bin part. I'm not sure where the zip should be, In C:/? Could someone help me out?

The commands there are correct, but if you forgot the bin part that's probably why. The zip file on your HD can be anywhere you want, just remember to change to the directory it's in (using the dos prompt) and then start the FTP.

That's weird, as I downloaded it yesterday and it's fine.

You don't have to worry about setting ascii. You can upload a .txt file as bin with no problems. It's when you try uploading a .zip or .exe with ascii set that you end up sending garbage.

Ultimate DooMer said:

That's weird, as I downloaded it yesterday and it's fine.

No, it's not weird as I uploaded it again with the bin part. Glad to know it works now :)