Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FirebrandX

Expensive idea:

Barrels of Fun, with the actual barrels being huge high pressure balloons filled with paint.

Massacre? Oh yesssss.

Rellik said:
/me strokes warp feed autococker.....

IMJack said:
... Rellik no hentai.

I haven't the first idea about paintball lingo, sorry. :P

Heh, the Autococker is my fav paintball gun, and the warpfeed is an electronic jobby that feeds the paintballs through a flexible hose and rams them into the gun. Thusly I can fire about 15-18 shots per second. You could say it costs me 60 cents a second to shoot my gun. :-D

I have a lot of friends that obsess about their paint ball guns. They each have these fancy ass guns, some worth a lot of money. It would probably be something I'd be intrested to, but screw it, I think I need a car more.

Gawd, paint ball is lame. Some people in my distant environment keep playing it, and I'm sure it's fun, but it's still lame, heh.

I got out of it because:

1. It's rediculously expensive.
2. The good field is 40K away.
3. It's a pain in the ass to set up for (Repairs, squeegeeing, etc.)
4. The Playing to Time spent ratio barely makes it desireable.
5. Those little bastards can hurt! (In the wrong places)
6. It's all money driven: The guy with the best gun wins...think Doom pistol VS. Doom Plasma Gun
7. The gear makes Arnold-esque leaps and flips impossible
8. Paintballs are sensitive little #*%@s! Any amount of moisture, heat, etc. and they're useless.
9. My mask (supposedly) has a crack in it, <COUGH> 50$ </COUGH>
10. I'm too damn lazy.
11. Given my gear, i'm hopeless.

1. It's rediculously expensive.

It's getting retardedly expensive, but I've made lots of freinds the 13 years I've been playing and haven't payed retail prices in a loooong time. :p

2. The good field is 40K away.

We got tired of driving all over the place so we built our own 100x200 foot arenaball field. I can get out of bed, get my gear on, walk across the block and be on the field in 5 mins. :p

4. The Playing to Time spent ratio barely makes it desireable.

Yeah, some people take forever to get going but around here we keep everyone jumping. It helps when it's your field. Plus we get to yell at people who break the rules. I love yelling at parents in front of their kids. :D

5. Those little bastards can hurt! (In the wrong places)

The first time I ever got shot, I got hit right in the balls.

6. It's all money driven: The guy with the best gun wins...think Doom pistol VS. Doom Plasma Gun

Yup, you just gotta avoid the hose monkeys. I got out of tournaments cuz it was all ego and money driven. Sure I get 2000 balls for $50, but I still most games only shoot maybe 200. I play for fun, and there isn't room for people like me in hardcore play. Again, that's where having our own field comes in. Lots of times we make people play with only the paint in their hoppers, no extra paint. When it's limited like that things even up.

7. The gear makes Arnold-esque leaps and flips impossible

Heh, I'll never forget seeing this big guy try to do a ninja roll wearing a big ass butt pack. Crushed his pods, broke the paint, and ended up flat on his back in the open. That guy got lit up like an XMas tree....

8. Paintballs are sensitive little #*%@s! Any amount of moisture, heat, etc. and they're useless.

Yup. Gotta keep 'em cold and dry.

9. My mask (supposedly) has a crack in it, <COUGH> 50$ </COUGH>

And 59.50 of that it to pay for the JT brandname, or whatever brand you wear.

Paintball was WAY more fun 6 or 7 years ago, before the BIG MONEY got it's grubby hands on our game. Now it's becoming just another corporate money machine.

DAMN YOU BRASSEAGLE! DAMN YOU!!!!