Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
pritch

Running zserver

Since I just got cable I would like to host a zdaemon server for coop play, since there's loads of DM out there but little coop. Obviously I am completely new to this!

Anyway I edited zserver.cfg, zserv.cfg and coop.cfg, couldn't help they overlapped at times (?) Which one to use?

But the real issue was on running I got a W_Getnumforname: CRBRICK not found! error, which makes it sound like wads arent in the right place or something but I'm sure everything is, and I'm not even running any pwads.

Perhaps my command lines are screwed. If you could offer some example zserver.exe command lines or point out anything helpful to me I'd be grateful.

I don't think you had to edit anything in coop.cfg or zserver.cfg. Just change set deathmatch "1" to "0", which means coop is enabled. Then use zserv32.exe to calculate the dmflags code for you. Put the code in your zserv.cfg then save.

Unfortunately, co-op on ZDaemon hasn't been working out so great since the advent of 1.0. It tends to crash a lot more often than it used to. At least it was doing that the last time I tried to run my co-op server. Don't know about now. But co-op was great back in the Summer of 2002.

Beside that, the maps in coop may 'lock up'. When a wall closes to capture you in a room with a baron and a switch and you must hit the switch, but instead die by the baron, the map got 'locked up'. The wall is still in place and blocking everyone from continueing.

Since there are all these problems hosting coop servers with the new version of ZDaemon, why don't you try hosting a csDoom one, pritch?