Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sephiroth

protection of all that is doom

i am going away for a few days and my brother is comeing to stay while i am away. I know he will try to get on my computer and then he will mess with my shit. I want to keep him totaly out of windows so he cant fuck up the texture that i am makeing for free doom. can anyone recomend any freeware programs that will only boot up windows with a password.

i am going away for a few days and my brother is comeing to stay while i am away. I know he will try to get on my computer and then he will mess with my shit. I want to keep him totaly out of windows so he cant fuck up the texture that i am makeing for free doom. can anyone recomend any freeware programs that will only boot up windows with a password.

You should be able to set a bootup password in your BIOS. Alternatively, you can probably put all your important stuff in a password-protected zip file and hide it away in the bowels of c:\windows\system

or you can lock the computer. if he's not bright, like my family is, unplug the keyboard. last devious thing to do is to take out the hard drive (and hide it!), replace it with an OLD 20 meg hard drive, and install MS-DOS 3 on it. That'll keep him away.

Shotgun Bill: The computers at Costco (Price Club) are shit anyways. Ever heard of Creative Labs coming out with a computer? **shiver** There is no god!

Don't listen to all these guys, you don't need to do all this with your computer. Just tell him that if he screws up anything you'll beat him so bad his dead ancestors will feel it ;)

BIOS password should do just fine. Unless he knows how to switch the Jumper 11 (in my case at least) and erase the memory.

hahahhaa....and the winner is : Lüt

/me hands Lüt the gold medal...

Just one cord? He could replace it at Radio Shack if he wanted to screw something up enough. Take all of the power cords with you. Monitor power cord, monitor connection cable, CPU power cord, speaker power cord, scanner power cord, printer power cord, all of 'em.

He won't spend the money to replace them all. Anything worth doing is worth doing right. Hell, set up a password in the BIOS too. That'll take you four seconds to do and its an extra precaution.

Or you could just pop out the ram chips or the processor, pack 'em in a little box, and keep it in your glovebox while you're away. =)

Sorry Zaldron, not everyone can fit a tower up their ass like you can. I know we're jealous but you don't have to rub it in.

Sorry Zaldron, not everyone can fit a tower up their ass like you can. I know we're jealous but you don't have to rub it in.

Zaldron had his ass broken in first by his friend Big Butch :)