Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zeratul 982

Map18 - visplane overflow...or not?

Ok, in the section that I'm almost finished with on map18 of SS, there's a huge area with marble columns and walkways similar to the area in Dark Citadel, but a little smaller. Sometimes I get a visplane error, but instead of it saying visplane overflow, it says no more visplanes. I'm hoping that this doesn't occur in source ports.

Well who knows? This map may require a source port, but then again maybe not.

Error can easily be bypasses via the use of a Source Port.

P.S.: Also, some people may be confused because both Stone Stratagems and Serious Sam use the same initials.

Also, some people may be confused because both Stone Stratagems and Serious Sam use the same initials.

I think I already brought that up once.
Ok, then what should I call it for short then?

Hearing it from you, I knew you were talking about the SS you are working on. Now about that visplane thing...
Since the main ports people use (not sure about edge though) have boom support, I recommend adding in boom features. (deep water, translucency, many more switch types, etc...) I can help with anything you want to know about. And since it now needs a port, you won't get visplane errors anymore. (Unless you somehow break the port's limit ;) )

I already figured out how to make the bridges, but things like deep water, doors that open horizontally, etc. require lines after lines of ACS which can be a real hassle and can create a lot of frustration.
I never meant to make my wad "source port required." I don't think it even is. It's just that one area I mentioned that has too many visplanes for the original exe to handle.

Go for a simple approach : "requirements : any source port without goofy limits". That should work fine.

NO!!! I'm not talking about Zdoom features, I'm talking about Boom features! They don't require even 1 line of ACS! I find Deep Water even more simple than the bridges. If you want, I can teach you.

What for?

Sure, they look pretty and could be used to enhance the gameplay. But since DooM's about running and shooting, and I guess SS too (given the fact that he was doing it for Doom2.exe) there's no need to do such thing.

Levels with Visplane error aren't really "supported" in doom2.exe.

What's the problem anyway? It's not like people here keep using vanilla doom. And what's with testing your levels in it anyway? I ussually do that with Zdoom.

Ok, I downloaded that Boom stuff, and now it looks like I have a lot of reading to do.

Edit: It looks like I downloaded the wrong stuff... I don't know.

And what are you using that needs DOS?

What, did you forget? Well I don't know where that one thread is, but I said in there that I have used DCK 3.62 ever since I first installed it.

You too use DCK? I just *HAD* to stop using it because of the terrible, terrible problem that is making it work.

AND I HAVE NO WINAMP DAMNIT, THAT'S A TORTURE ALLRIGHT

You can work Winamp in DOS? I didn't know that.

I had to get rid of Winamp because it was screwing up the sound file extensions. I couldn't open up wavs, midis, or mp3's just by double-clicking on them. I attempted to fix it in file types, but couldn't.

Lüt has penetrated the 4000 mark... Ph33r!

No, you can't run Winamp on DOS. You didn't understand the post.

Anyway, you can fix that with going to the Winamp Preferences.