Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beezee88

help my clunky zdoom!!!!

I have a little problem with zdoom here...

Whenever I play zdoom these days, weird stuff happens. When I launch a new level, and just stand still and look around, the game runs soooo slooowly. As soon as I move the framerate suddenly picks up. Let go of the button, the game slows down. Any ideas what's wrong?

I really noticed it when my hard drive was close to full, but I realised that 1Gb of mp3s on a 8Gb harddrive probably wasn't necessary, as they were all ripped from my cds anyway :). so I emptied my mp3 folder but the problem persisted :@ i'm vexed.

I thought this sounded very unlikely, but now the same thing is happening to me.

I run 3 PC's and use the fastest one for designing on. Obviously this PC has the best graphics card I own in it.

Recently the motherboard on my slowest PC died, so I upgraded the board and cpu and its now my fastest PC. I decided to move the 'best' graphics card from my 'design' PC to this upgraded machine, so my 'design' PC ended up with an old Matrox 32mb G400 card in it. This machine now exhibits the very symptoms mentioned above. Not a problem for me seeing as I've moved all my design stuff over to the upgraded machine.

I'm putting this problem down to graphics drivers, but that's just a guess.

Must be a touch of realism... it's cold in Phobos and stuff, so if you just stand there, you freeze.

lol myk.

As I don't like a problem to keep me down, I tried fixing it myself. It seems that if I load a pwad into zdoom, regardless of what it is, the problem goes away- for a while.
After about five launches of ZDoom in one windows session, the problem returns. I think my ram must fill up with crap or something, like the way after I go on the internet and then try to run Red Alert 2 it goes slooooow.
If anyone else suffers from this problem, try using XWE to create an empty wad and write a batch file:

ZDOOM -FILE EMPTY.WAD or whatever

Thanks for that advice, me!
seriously though, can anyone help me fix it properly?