Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ellmo

Chaingun/pistol pinpoint accuracy

I found that out on my own recently. Just tell me how many of you knew, that while shooting the pistol/chaingun in semi-auto mode (You fire, you release the trigger waiting for the weapon to chill out, you fire again) those weapons have 100% pinpoin accuracy? :P

I mean the round fired goes exactly the same way (and to the same spot) as the one before. That makes those weapons ten times deadlier that I could have imagined...

I'd noticed this a long time ago. It's good isn't it? It makes the pistol and chaingun the only viable sniper weapons in Doom.

Yeah i knew it. The chaingun is very good for sniping enemies at a long dictance, so i use it a lot. Especially against chaingunners far away.

Yeah, the first bullet fired in a row is always spot-on target. Useful in DM when you know somebody's almost dead already.

I've known about the pistol's pinpoint accuracy for ages - weren't aware that the chaingun worked the same way though, but that's because I prefer to use it realistically (i.e. firing in short, 4-6 shot bursts) rather than either fire repeatedly or tap the key to fire two-shot bursts.

Timeline?

And you can also remove the "spray" effect using Dehacked... I've made a few changes before that make the guns fire spot on all the time.

HWGuy said:

And people say Doom has no realism whatsoever.

Pinpoint accuracy ain't realistic.
When you fire a gun, the gun jerks upwards, making the bullet perform a leap. You actually have to aim a bit below where you intend to hit your target in RL.

Uh, duh?

Doubletapping the chaingun is a wonderful DM strategy I have used for years and years. I even told Carnevil about it and he made / will make the bots do it.

Anyone, except me :P I'm so damn fucking proud I found this out on my own. But it seems a bit late...

Scuba Steve said:

Timeline?

And you can also remove the "spray" effect using Dehacked... I've made a few changes before that make the guns fire spot on all the time.

Uhh, care to share? :)

EarthQuake said:

Uhh, care to share? :)

Remove the "Refire" code pointer via a Dehacked (Or BEX) Patch.