Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Crendowing

Hmmmmmm.......

2 questions on my mind:

1. Do you suppose the "caco" in "cacodemon" came from the chemical symbol for calcium carbonate?

2. Did it get the names for the last 2 levels of Inferno from Dante's Inferno?

i have an answer for question 1. caco means ugly. so the cacodemon's real name is uglydemon.

1. Do you suppose the "caco" in "cacodemon" came from the chemical symbol for calcium carbonate?

Never heard of that use of "caco" before, I figure it was from "cacophony", which is like "extremely loud noise", or "cacophonous" (used more often for really noisy stuff).

According to Funk & Wagnalls Standard Desk Dictionary...

caco- : Bad; Vile. [<Greek, Kakos>]

and for the 2nd question: I'm not sure but I know a few master levels were named after Dante's Inferno

2 questions on my mind:

People in the thread say it's 'ugly'. I know of a translation 'stinking'. Not sure which one's correct; maybe both.

2. Did it get the names for the last 2 levels of Inferno from Dante's Inferno?

Yes.

So am I...altough "caco" means "thief" in Spanish, well, at least on Bolivia or some place like that.

If ya really wonder about what things may mean go to the mother of all dictionaries, this is where I learn english. <a http://www.onelook.com/
caco = bad; also "kacka" same sound means shit in German, why I am posting this no clue.

...or maybe you'll just open a fucking dictionary.

Christ, ask a simple question and I get flamed! So what's new?

That's just typical deadnail-ness. You'll get used to it after a while :P.

A Cacodemon is a different type of demon, more vulgar or some shit. Thats all you'll get out of a dictionary... so you whip a damn encyclopedia at my ass for the full monty.

BTW, 'read a fucking dictionary' is not flaming, 'pull that dictionary you've been fucking your mom with out of her mouth and fucking read it you cumquat' would be. Big dif.

[quoteHowever, I found this interesting.[/quote]It says there the twelfth house was kinda thought of as a cacodemon, damm, my new girl is borne in the twelfth house. Now what? Don't answer that. LOL

And Lüt the girl from yesterday looked best so far.